PDA

View Full Version : How to get the most with this nut hand...

thatpfunk
09-06-2005, 04:53 AM
100nl 6max

Game is 4 handed, table is fairly weak-tight.

Villian has $110, I cover. He is very average. We were playing 3 handed for a while and we both stayed out of each others way when the other got aggro.

On the button I raise to $4 with A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB folds, he calls.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. ($9)
He checks, I bet $6, he raises to $20.

Plan from here on out? Push? Min-raise? Flat call?

Crunchii
09-06-2005, 04:56 AM
Not to poop on your thread, but you don't have the nuts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thatpfunk
09-06-2005, 05:00 AM
dont be a nit

Bukem_
09-06-2005, 05:12 AM
Depends on how nitty he thinks I am. If I think he is really strong here and not folding I just push it in.

If not, I call and try to get him committed on turn.

thatpfunk
09-06-2005, 05:21 AM
When we were shorthanded I was the most aggro player at the table.

However, no real big pots had been played. He probably sees me as average as well.

I don't like this situation because if I 3-bet he probably folds a small-medium flush and if I don't then he is potentially drawing to a FH for free.

Bukem_
09-06-2005, 05:25 AM
If you push here, I'd expect him to call both sets and small flushes, unless he really really weak.

He probably drops two pair, and semi-bluffing hands though.

In any case pushing probably best since you should be able to manipulate him better if he folds a strong hand here, and is left guessing what you pushed with.