PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream

tonypaladino
09-06-2005, 04:47 AM
Cold Stone Creamery (http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/main/index.asp)

vs

Maggie Moo's Treatery (http://www.maggiemoos.com/s/static/index.htm)

Edit:

I like coldstone better.
But it pissed me off when the cashiers sing when you tip them. It makes me not tip them.
But Maggie Moo's has better cakes.

Discuss

Dynasty
09-06-2005, 04:54 AM
What I think of your post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3266980&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

tonypaladino
09-06-2005, 05:02 AM
Better?

unreal_nh
09-06-2005, 06:17 AM
never been to either place. i would like it if the cashier sang to me.
ice cream is good.

09-06-2005, 06:38 AM
Where do you live? In the Austin, TX area we have Amy's Ice Cream where they'll chop up candy bars with big knives and mix it in with your ice cream.

I wouldn't step foot into an establishment where giving a tip inpires singing. But I'm not gay.

midas
09-06-2005, 08:31 AM
FYI -

Regarding your topic - both are franchises and both basically use gelato machines to make ice cream so they are almost identical. That said, I tend to go to MM near my house because it is next to a Qdoba Grill which rocks.

BTW, in Boston both of these concepts would be considered Grade C quality. That city has the best ice cream shops in the country. For amazing ice cream in Boston, go to Herrels (inventor of the mix-in concept) or Toscannini's in Cambridge.

jakethebake
09-06-2005, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where do you live? In the Austin, TX area we have Amy's Ice Cream where they'll chop up candy bars with big knives and mix it in with your ice cream.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amy's has very good ice cream but I'm always afraid the dirty-looking hippie girl making it will lose some pit hairs in it or something.

Jack of Arcades
09-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Never been to cold stone but maggie moo's is tits.

lucas9000
09-06-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But it pissed me off when the cashiers sing when you tip them. It makes me not tip them.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm 100% with you on this. i've never been to the other place you mentioned, but cold stone is pretty damn good.

edtost
09-06-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Armchair
09-06-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I like coldstone .

[/ QUOTE ]

RollaJ
09-06-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, The ONLY acceptable response when a tip is given is "thank you". Also, no "thank you"..... no more tips

At John's Deli in Brooklyn they (whoever saw the tip... people behind the counter, and even people at the tables) yelled "subway" the first 3 times I was there, and threw the change in the jar...... I just dont need that [censored]. So now I dont tip. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mars357
09-06-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
X has very good Y but I'm always afraid the dirty-looking hippie girl making it will lose some pit hairs in it or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be said about a lot of places in Austin!

jakethebake
09-06-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
X has very good Y but I'm always afraid the dirty-looking hippie girl making it will lose some pit hairs in it or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be said about a lot of places in Austin!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

drexah
09-06-2005, 11:49 AM
ive been to cold stone once and got like the worst thing you can get... so whats the best thing to get there?

tbach24
09-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Herrel's started in my town and therefore everyone loves it, but in my opinion it's overrated. I prefer Cold Stone. I actually prefer a lot of grocery store bought ice cream as well.

jnalpak
09-06-2005, 12:09 PM
there is NOTHING good about either of them...ice cream is not some big sing-along moment, its about good food and good service. Support your local mom and pop shop or ones that seem like it.

EMACK & BOLIO is good people and good ice cream, if you dont live in NY or Boston then go support haagen daaz or ben and jerrys.

edit: Link to real ice cream (http://www.emackandbolios.com/)

swede123
09-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Sure, I like the Ice Cream from both these places. But come on now, an Ice Cream Sundae should not cost 8 bucks, no matter what ingredients are used. These places just piss me off in the same way that movie theatres do for concessions, when they charge way beyond what's reasonable just because of the captive audience.

Swede

RollaJ
09-06-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure, I like the Ice Cream from both these places. But come on now, an Ice Cream Sundae should not cost 8 bucks, no matter what ingredients are used.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a five dollar shake?

swede123
09-06-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sure, I like the Ice Cream from both these places. But come on now, an Ice Cream Sundae should not cost 8 bucks, no matter what ingredients are used.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a five dollar shake?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd pay five dollars for a shake at Rabbit Slims. But only if they seated me in a Chevy, not a damn Chrysler.

Swede

jon_1van
09-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Have you been to the Cold Stone in Silver Spring MD. It is the worst run business I have ever seen. But the ice cream is very good.

I'd suggest drive to nearby Cleveland Park to get cold stone if you can.

runner4life7
09-06-2005, 06:00 PM
I worked at coldstone but now they dont have cakebatter cause some people got salmonella poisoning, which is a big disappointment. And i was too cool to sing. Thank god for poker so i dont have to do that [censored]. But i did get so much free ice cream mmmmmmmmm

peachy
09-06-2005, 06:05 PM
ice cream makes me sick so i dont eat it often...but there is a place here that hand makes it and its a guy from Belgium...its actually amazing...too bad i dont care for it so much

peachy
09-06-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I worked at coldstone but now they dont have cakebatter cause some people got salmonella poisoning, which is a big disappointment. And i was too cool to sing. Thank god for poker so i dont have to do that [censored]. But i did get so much free ice cream mmmmmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

i found this out this summer...while in guatemala 2 girls ate a mcflurry from McDonalds and got Samonella...i didnt know that was possible from ice cream until then...made sense when i thought about it but was still like WTF glad i dont eat ice cream

RollaJ
09-07-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ice cream makes me sick so i dont eat it often

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF, why would you ever eat it if it makes you sick??

[ QUOTE ]
...but there is a place here that hand makes it and its a guy from Belgium...its actually amazing...too bad i dont care for it so much

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?.... Are you drunk?

steelcmg
09-07-2005, 11:28 AM
never heard of any of these places. I think the only big ice cream place i can think of around my house is DQ.

peachy
09-07-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ice cream makes me sick so i dont eat it often

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF, why would you ever eat it if it makes you sick??

[ QUOTE ]
...but there is a place here that hand makes it and its a guy from Belgium...its actually amazing...too bad i dont care for it so much

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?.... Are you drunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c if i eat a bite or 2 im ok...depends on if ive eaten anything that day and if i drink ALOT of water when i eat it...if i drink the water usually im ok to have a few bites...its complicated /images/graemlins/frown.gif

its hard cause its 2 things i dont like (my tummy) sugar and milk

jakethebake
09-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Blue Bell rules!