PDA

View Full Version : Senator threatens to punch Bush

newfant
09-06-2005, 03:00 AM
Sen. Mary Landrieu threatened the president of the United States with physical violence on Sunday, saying that if he or any other government official criticizes New Orleans police for failing to keep civil order in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina - "I might likely have to punch him - literally."

"If one person criticizes [our sheriffs], or says one more thing, including the president of the United States, he will hear from me - one more word about it after this show airs and I - I might likely have to punch him - literally," Landrieu railed on "ABC's "This Week."

linky (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1477043/posts)

webmonarch
09-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Damn, that's wrong. I mean, politicians with self-puffery? Who's ever heard it? Remember that whole "Wanted Dead of Alive" statement by our esteemed President? Remember Jim Jeffords being told "he was going to pay" for jumping ship a few years back.

None of them should do it, but they do. Welcome to American politics.

Broken Glass Can
09-06-2005, 03:57 AM
What are the odds that she is excoriated as much as Senator Helms was when he suggested that Pres. Clinton would not be safe visiting North Carolina military bases?

Helms never advocated personal violence against a President.

webmonarch
09-06-2005, 04:09 AM
BGC, you interest me.

What's your background? Live near DC (Nationals fan, so I assume)? What do you do for a living? To what do you credit your present political state of mind?

Broken Glass Can
09-06-2005, 04:41 AM
Live near DC (Nationals fan, so I assume)? I have connections to the Washington area, but I do not live there. I am not a Nationals fan, Dynasty recommended this avatar for me. You can let the W stand for whatever you want. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

What do you do for a living? Play poker

To what do you credit your present political state of mind? Experience and observation, I have seen the phoniness of the left in many real situations (phony compassion for example). In time you will experience it too.

ACPlayer
09-06-2005, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
phony compassion for example

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like the "compassion" for the poor deprived Iraqi under Saddam.

Cyrus
09-06-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

To what do you credit your present political state of mind? Experience and observation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stick to poker, kid.

Felix_Nietsche
09-06-2005, 09:02 AM
The democrats have had a political hammerlock on the state of Louisiana for almost 200 years. Incompetant and corrupt politicians Louisiana have been a staple of Louisiana politics. Katrina showed the entire world how pathetic the democratic 'leadership' truly is in that state. Sen. Mary Landrieu can't handle the heat and is wilting under the pressure.

She and other Louisiana democrats are desperate to try to shift blame from incompetant democratic 'leadership' at the city/state level to the federal level. So far Bush is taking the high road and focusing on fixing the problem than responding to these petty attacks.

The US Constitution gives significant power and responsibility to the individual states. Louisiana democrats had the means and the ability to protect the City of New Orleans and yet they did nothing for years. They failed in their responsibility and they know it. Their constant squealing whenever a microphone is stuck in their face is proof of it. If it weren't for the fact that so many died because of democrats like Mary Landrieu, their behavior in front of the TV cameras would be quite entertaining.

webmonarch
09-06-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have connections to the Washington area, but I do not live there. I am not a Nationals fan, Dynasty recommended this avatar for me. You can let the W stand for whatever you want. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha! Look, I think that's funny. The best "W" you can find is on a Nationals hat? Check this out man, you might like it:

Google Image Search (http://www.google.com)

Otherwise, I think I more or less thought you were about what you said you were. Ever worked in the House, Senate, Fedeal Government? How about education?

MMMMMM
09-06-2005, 12:07 PM
...I think Bush could take her.

Autocratic
09-06-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If she punched Bush, and Bush knocked her out, it'd be the best thing that ever happened in American politics.

cadillac1234
09-06-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd order it on PPV as long as it was in Hi-Def

Exsubmariner
09-06-2005, 12:25 PM
the Democratic party was all about a bunch of peace loving non violent caring people out there doing what their conscious guided them to do in politics. Here is one openly advocating violence to achieve a political end. Don't that beat all?

Easy E
09-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Cancel one Senatorial career... not for the threat, which gained her votes, but for ranting and then breaking down (costing "leadership" votes).

phlup
09-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Nah, I think she'll be fine. People will see it as her standing up for the cops who kept doing their job even after the situation went to hell.

To be fair, I haven't actually heard Bush or his team bad mouth any of the rescuers. If he had, then he should be tied to a post and beaten by everyone who stayed or went to NO to help.

09-06-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.chs.helena.k12.mt.us/faculty/hhillZ/web00/webper6/b%20um%20ya%20big%20fish.jpg

Toro
09-06-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have seen the phoniness of the left in many real situations (phony compassion for example).

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to the compassionate conservative, George W Bush. To actually "coin" that phrase was the height of phoniness. I mean who could call themselves that with a straight face?