PDA

View Full Version : Don't slowplay, Homer

Homer
04-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Same UB 4/8 game.

I'm dealt Ks Ts in MP. Six of us see the flop as I limped along with 4 others (and the BB).

Flop - As Js 3s

Woohoo! Player to my right (PTMR) bets, I call, two others call. Four to the turn.

Turn - 5c

PTMR bets again, I call, both others call.

River - Qs, I mean 4s

PTMR bets one more time, I raise, an LP player coldcalls, PTMR calls.

Results - PTMR has 8s 6s and LP has 9s 5s

I still won a 17-18 BB pot, but feel like I would have won more had I raised the turn. Man, I can't believe LP didn't raise the turn (what a moron /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif).

-- Homer

unome
04-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Yep. You know what you did incorrecly, but it's good to hear that I'm not the only one to make this error at times. For the small upside that smoothcalling with the nuts in this situation has, however, I think I'm raising 99 out 100 hands I have like this one on the turn. (Maybe this was your 100th time? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif )

Homer
04-22-2003, 08:35 PM
I almost always raise the flop or turn as well, but this time I convinced myself to call because I knew the players behind me were both loose enough to call a single bet with a hand with which they were drawing slim, but not two bets.

In retrospect, the upsides to raising (getting into a raising war with another flush and/or having the loosies call multiple bets) are much greater than the upside to calling. Of course, had LP raised the turn, I might be extolling the virtues of slowplaying /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif.

-- Homer

AceHigh
04-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Your problem is your position next to the flop bettor. That makes it hard for you to extract the maximum from this hand.

You got your raise in on the river at least, and you had an caller on flop and turn that probably would've folded for 2 bet on the flop.

Worry about more important things like how they get the jelly "inside" a jelly donut. Hmmm...donuts....