PDA

View Full Version : Are the Players Worse on the Higher Dollar Sit and Goes?

Qcity
09-05-2005, 11:57 PM
On Paradise, I play both the $325 sit and goes, and the $109. I've had more succes on the $325 sit and goes than the $109 and the players somewhat worse. I've had a horrible streak of bad luck on the MTTs, but its my profit from these sit and goes that has kept me from losing too much the past week.

For example from one table today:

- I have AA early in tourney. I raise and get two callers. Flop comes KQ4. I bet out pot. First guy folds and second guy raises me. I reraise most of my chips and he reraised me the rest all in. He has K8 unsuited. Aces hold up and he is knocked out.

- 20 minutes later, with 7 players left. I have Jacks with one limper and blinds yet to act. I raise 4 x BB and limper calls. Flop comes A75. He bets post oak of 60 chips. I raise him 240 to represent an Ace, to define my hand and maybe win the pot right there. He calls so I'm pretty sure he has something like A10 AJ right.

Turn is another rag and he bets another post oak on the turn. So I call of course. Flop is another rag and we both check. He turns over KQ. What was he thinking??? He only had 1,200 chips when the hand started and blew threw nearly half them. Needless to say he got knocked out a few hands later.

Ogre
09-06-2005, 12:13 AM
to answer your question, no