PDA

View Full Version : AQ - any getting away from this vs complete donk?

DJMaytag
09-05-2005, 11:47 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($22.10)
BB ($15.40)
Hero ($9.70)
MP ($19.05)
Button ($3.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $0.3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($0.70) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.7</font>, SB calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.10) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $21.1</font>, Hero calls $0.69 (All-In).

River: ($31.90) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $31.90

Villain had been a complete donk, likely the kind that's seen Gus Hansen play a few times and thinks he can play just like that.

On the flop I don't really know what to make of his smooth call, so i made a PSB on the turn as well thinking it would take it down, but then i get raised here and I don't really know what to do. AA and KK are out of the question, because he was reraising preflop with those hands as well as an OESD on the flop. Because of this, the most likely hand I could put him on was a flush draw, but that seemed to be a bit of a stretch to call the flop bet on.

I feel like i'm kinda committed here, so I reraised, not realizing i wasn't pushing it all in (new to Stars, not used to the software like i was with UB... thought the reraise button was gonna push it all in).

Versus a donk like this would a checkraise be in order if he bets after my check? I'd like to get a better feel for where I am at here, but am not sure how to determine where i am...

xcrack999
09-06-2005, 12:03 AM
If he really is a maniac and his checkraise does not necessarily mean strength, I like just calling it and calling the rest of your stack off on the river. Even donks know not to call a 3-bet with nothing, so if you 3-bet that turn, you're letting him off easy if he's on air.