PDA

View Full Version : Hi, set. Meet 4-flush.

yvesaint
09-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Prima 2/4 6-max, sitting on a stack of $600, Villain has $350. No reads at all (which is pretty weird at 2/4 Prima 6-max, I have a LOT of notes), he's been only at the table for 1 orbit, during which he took down one pot on the flop.

Villain limps UTG+1, I make it $18 in SB with black QQ, BB folds, Villain calls.

Flop ($40): Ah Qh 6h

I bet $32, Villain mini-raises (??), I call.

Turn: 8h

I check-call a bet of $64.

River: 9s

I ......

Which street did I go wrong at, besides pre-flop?

PoBoy321
09-05-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the mistake pre-flop?

trevor
09-05-2005, 11:02 PM
I three-bet the flop and in a hurry. A /images/graemlins/heart.gif turn, which happened, sucks for sooooooo many reasons. The biggest of which is that you are OOP.

yvesaint
09-05-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the mistake pre-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I worded that wrong, I mean, which streets did I play wrong, pre-flop is the only one I feel sure on.

DyessMan89
09-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Pre-Flop- Fine
Flop- Fine
Turn- Ah. Tricky. This is where I make a blocking bet here, and fold to a raise. I fear that checking here will induce him to make a large bluff and put me in a tough position. Size of the blocking bet would be around 30-40 bucks. I would then fold to a raise.

yvesaint
09-05-2005, 11:12 PM
30-40 into a pot of 150+?? Isn't that just asking to be raised?

Do I have odds to fill up on that 60 bet on the turn? I think my biggest mistake definitely was not 3-betting the flop ... then again, I can't see what calls that 3-bet except another set or a made flush.

09-05-2005, 11:13 PM
I agree with the previous poster. I think you should 3-bet the flop. $150 on top doesn't give your opponents the odds to play for the flush and the hand should play itself out after that although you may be stuck if he already has the flush. Just calling the min-raise makes this hand pretty tough OOP, especially with the 4th heart hitting.

09-05-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
30-40 into a pot of 150+?? Isn't that just asking to be raised?

Do I have odds to fill up on that 60 bet on the turn? I think my biggest mistake definitely was not 3-betting the flop ... then again, I can't see what calls that 3-bet except another set or a made flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a made set your in good shape. I highly doubt he is playing AA like this although it is possible. More likely is 66, which ur way ahead of.

yvesaint
09-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Yes, but the point is, there's a lot more ways for him to have a flush than a set.

Then again, he could call with something like 2-pair which I'm crushing, or pair + Kh.

I think I just got spooked by the mini-raise. Your average Villain slowplays a flush, eh? 3-betting with the intent of putting him all-in if possible seems like the best play in the long run ... after all, I have a bunch of outs to suck out on a made flush anyways.

xcrack999
09-05-2005, 11:45 PM
If you're going to 3-bet with the intention of going all-in on the flop, I like calling his minraise and leading out any non-heart turn.

FreakDaddy
09-06-2005, 02:48 AM
This is one of those, I'll answer this question with a question....

What range of hands can we put villian on here?

These hands are always tough without a read because villian could be donking it up with some suited crud, but if he's at all reasonable, you have him beat here and you should re-raise the flop/ or push if you prefer.