PDA

View Full Version : Flop/turn play here?

Fryguy
09-05-2005, 10:50 PM
CO is 48/4.5/0.7. My reasoning is my 8 my be the best hand on the flop, and betting might get overcards to fold. When the scare card comes the plan was to bet and fold to a raise. I'm probably drawing dead at this point far too often to check/call it down. CO wasn't aggressive/tricky enough to wait for the river to get an extra bet, so I think my strategy seems right.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Hojglad
09-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Nice hand. Against a particularly horrible CO and Button, I think I might raise this preflop. Turn fold is fine. Unless you have a read on him like "loves to bluff" I don't think he's raising anything you are ahead of here.

Fryguy
09-05-2005, 10:56 PM
I had him specifically as a non-bluffer. I figured by giving him a chance to raise, I'm saving myself a bet.

09-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Why not check/call the turn? Are we sure that CO has made the flush? If we check/call the turn then at least we get a look at the river.

Fryguy
09-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I lose to a lot of things, and the player is very straightforward. I have middle pair without any reasonable draws.

09-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Yeah fair enough. I just thought that since CO was fairly loose (VPIP 48) he could be on a range of hands, maybe just overcards? Having another peak I guess the pot size is not that great to worry too much about it. So was your thinking on the turn that you might fold out CO with a bet?

Fryguy
09-05-2005, 11:30 PM
He's a very straightforward player. He would raise the flush, and call/fold anything else. If he called I was going to check/call the river, and see if the middle pair holds up (unless the river is very ugly or very good for me).