PDA

View Full Version : is there good chili in a can?

irishpint
09-05-2005, 10:14 PM
i just bought stag chili extra spicy and had it for dinner. for the last 30 minutes all i have wanted to do is [censored]. does someone have a better brand can of chili, or...an easy recipe? I need that chili. Screw living in a house w/ no meal plan.

Brainwalter
09-05-2005, 10:15 PM
This is an important question.

IronDragon1
09-05-2005, 10:23 PM
The new Campbell's Chilis are surprisingly unobjectionable

tonypaladino
09-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Make some homemade chili.

The next morning you will have some good chili in a can.

irishpint
09-05-2005, 10:25 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

feel free to leave instructions or whatever they're called. a recipe. yes, that's it.

DarkForceRising
09-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Search tbach24- chili. It was in the last couple of months and he got a lot of good responses. I tried Jakes' recipe and it was great. There were also a bunch of other recipes and canned suggestions.

I'd give you the link but I don't know how. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tonypaladino
09-05-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

feel free to leave instructions or whatever they're called. a recipe. yes, that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

durf (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;q=chili+recipe&amp;btnG=Google+Search)

tonypaladino
09-05-2005, 10:28 PM
besides that, you obviously didnt get the joke

bugstud
09-05-2005, 10:35 PM
chiliman is superb.

john smith
09-05-2005, 10:47 PM
The search function is your friend.

old chili thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3022868&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp; o=&amp;vc=1)

irishpint
09-05-2005, 10:59 PM
The search function is your friend.

old chili thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3022868&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp; o=&amp;vc=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

until someone above mentioned the previous thread i had no idea it existed. I should have known OOT would have covered chili (it being amazing and all). Thanks.

Glenn
09-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Try Hormel turkey chilli. It's great, no fat really, and you can make pretty sweet tacos with it.

gorie
09-05-2005, 11:24 PM
heres my chili recipe that you'll hate, but its easy.

brown 1 lb ground beef (1 small onion optional - i hate onions) , drain grease.
mix in 4 tbsp chili powder
add 1 lage can tomato juice
add 1 large can (or less) water
bring to a boil at med-high temp.
add 3/4 cup ready-cut spaghetti (beans optional, i hate beans) and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

it's soupy chili. but see, the good part is then when you put it in a bowl , shred a lot of cheddar cheese &amp; add lots of crackers to thicken it up,mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Stellastarr
09-06-2005, 01:10 AM
Wendy's /images/graemlins/grin.gif

coffeecrazy1
09-06-2005, 01:18 AM
Wolf Brand Chili(no beans)

irishpint
09-06-2005, 01:20 AM
heres my chili recipe that you'll hate, but its easy.

brown 1 lb ground beef (1 small onion optional - i hate onions) , drain grease.
mix in 4 tbsp chili powder
add 1 lage can tomato juice
add 1 large can (or less) water
bring to a boil at med-high temp.
add 3/4 cup ready-cut spaghetti (beans optional, i hate beans) and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

it's soupy chili. but see, the good part is then when you put it in a bowl , shred a lot of cheddar cheese &amp; add lots of crackers to thicken it up,mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive got to cook dinner for the house this week and this might be my meal, especially since i love my chili w/ lots of cheese and crackers.

LondonBroil
09-06-2005, 01:43 AM
Skyline Chili (http://www.skylinechili.com/) is delicious though not very spicy. Put it over spaghetti and dump a ton of grated sharp cheddar over it. Mmmmmmmmm.

Blarg
09-06-2005, 03:16 AM
Stagg Chili is the best canned chili I've had. There are all kinds of variations they make, so if one doesn't suit you, another might. I like their chicken chili especially, and their Santa Fe one.

WackityWhiz
09-06-2005, 03:18 AM
My grandma makes chili with sugar in it. It's so delicious...

tonypaladino
09-06-2005, 03:26 AM
Mr &amp; Mrs Tenorman Chili (http://www.tv.com/south-park/scott-tenorman-must-die/episode/56208/summary.html)

PoBoy321
09-06-2005, 03:29 AM
Honestly, I don't think that the hilarity of cannibalism is exploited often enough on TV.

jakethebake
09-06-2005, 06:49 AM
No. But Wolf Brand is as good as it gets.

jakethebake
09-06-2005, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The new Campbell's Chilis are surprisingly unobjectionable

[/ QUOTE ]

This stuff is hideous. It's like sugar-laden spaghetti sauce with beans.

jakethebake
09-06-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stagg Chili is the best canned chili I've had. There are all kinds of variations they make, so if one doesn't suit you, another might. I like their chicken chili especially, and their Santa Fe one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Repulsive.

jakethebake
09-06-2005, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try Hormel turkey chilli. It's great, no fat really, and you can make pretty sweet tacos with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what those are, but they aren't tacos. And this stuff is awful. It reminds me of the crap they put on hot dogs in the movie theatre.

jakethebake
09-06-2005, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
chiliman is disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

ethan
09-06-2005, 07:40 AM
is there good chili in a can
No.

Some of what you can get canned is edible, but it's not good. Like most meals, cooking chili from scratch gives you much much better results than buying something premade.

MrTrik
09-06-2005, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just bought stag chili extra spicy and had it for dinner. for the last 30 minutes all i have wanted to do is [censored]. does someone have a better brand can of chili, or...an easy recipe? I need that chili. Screw living in a house w/ no meal plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check your grocery store for a little brown bag in the chilli isle. It's called Carol Shelby's chili. It has chili powder, spices, cyan pepper and mesa flower. They have recepes on the back called quick chili, quicker chili, and ideas for additives.

Basically you buy some chili beef, Italian sausage, ground beef or ground turkey ... whatever meat you want. Add some veggies like chopped onions, jalapenos, and chili beans if you want them (prefferably the ones in a light chili sauce). I also add mushrooms sometimes, parmesean cheese always, tobasco, maybe some finely chopped green pepper, and always some extra chopped tomato and garlic.

You can whip up the quicker chili recipe in about 15 minutes. You probably want to let it simmer some or store in fridge overnight to blend nicely. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar, and crackers on the side.

Oh and it makes a nice sized batch and is not at all expensive.

codewarrior
09-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Real chilli has two ingredients. Meat and heat.

09-06-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Skyline Chili (http://www.skylinechili.com/) is delicious though not very spicy. Put it over spaghetti and dump a ton of grated sharp cheddar over it. Mmmmmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm eating a can as I type. Yummmy
I get a case of cans shipped every so often. About $4 a can.

benfranklin
09-06-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
chiliman is superb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Best canned chili, but nothing beats homemade.

http://i2.peapod.com/c/XJ/XJZUO.jpg

Even French's Chili-O Mix is better than canned.

P.S. If you haven't tried it, chili is even better with grated jack cheese and some diced onions.

Jules22
09-06-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]