PDA

View Full Version : line check x 2

stu-unger
09-05-2005, 09:53 PM
so here are 2 hands from the 1-2 game at the mirage from this weekend.

this first hand really disturbed me after i played it. i think i know the best line now, but would like to see what u fellas think. reads at the moment are that this is like the 5th or 6th orbit this player has played. she has only seen the flop once or twice and only showed down AK, so my guess is she is relatively tight and might even have a brain. oh yeah and the BB is a supa donk that raises every other pot or so and is willing to go to the mat with middle pair or just about anything that he thinks looks cool.

supa donk/BB-220
villain/UTG+1-~180
hero/CO-~250

dealt to hero 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif
pre-flop: UTG+1 calls 2, MP calls 2, MP 2 calls 2, hero calls 2, SB completes, BB raises to 10, UTG+1 calls, MP calls, MP 2 calls, hero calls, SB calls.

boy do i luv live games.

flop (60): K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets 20, 2 folds, hero calls? , SB folds, BB calls.

turn (120) X
BB checks, villain bets 50...

ok i want to hear how u guys play the hand. on the turn theres probably an 85% chance that if i call the BB will call with anything that beats J high.

different hand, different day. this villain has been pretty tight aggro, i guess. he is nothing special, but his bets and calls tend to mean something.

villain in bb has ~200, hero/co covers
dealt to hero A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif

pre-flop: folded to hero who opens for 10, villain calls, all else fold.

flop(21): 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
villain bets 20, hero calls.

turn (61):A /images/graemlins/heart.gif villain bets 40, hero raises to 120, villain runs for the hills...

i am just wondering if i need to raise this flop, or if its okay to change it up here and smoothe call when i know im ahead of another weak made hand.

yvesaint
09-05-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm very tempted to raise pot in hand 1, just so I can get BB to come along for more, and hopefully squeeze UTG+1 out of something like TPGK.

Hand 2, I don't see a problem with smooth-calling the turn as well, and going for a river raise. He seems to be trying to protect against the flush draw, and the A really only helps AT, and a raise from you on that turn means a strong Ace, or a flopped set/2-pair. How aggressive have you been? I usually raise this flop, people are more willing to put in money there with something like TPTK, and it makes it easier to get more money in on later streets.

stu-unger
09-05-2005, 10:09 PM
ya as for hand 2 i feel like i really might have left some money on the table. the only thing i can say is that i have been very aggressive and put this villain all in with pair of 7s on a 10 high board on his first orbit... and doubled him up.

ajmargarine
09-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Hand #1 I'd really like a raise there in position on that flop. Hand #2, meh, ace is probably a bad card for you as far as extraction goes. What can you do. Raise or call flop, both are OK, IMO. I lean toward aggression though instead of trickiness usually, and would probably raise the flop. Got an image to uphold.