PDA

View Full Version : Personal challenge - 3 in 4

bozlax
09-05-2005, 08:21 PM
I've got 3 bonuses to clear in 4 days: PP iGMPay bonus (500 hands), PP September reload (700 or 1000 hands) and Empire "turbo" bonus (1000 hands). Here's the rub: the iGMPay has to be done before the PP reload, and the PP reload has to be finished by next Monday. The Empire has to be finished by Thursday! (Oh, and I'm leaving on Friday night and won't be back until Sunday afternoon, and I'm anticipating being in poor shape at that time.)

So here's my challenge to myself. Clear all 3 bonuses playing 1/2-6max, keeping my winrate in the green for the clearance period. I'll keep you posted in this thread.

Wish me luck.

macdaddy991
09-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Good luck man. I had good fortune with the PP reload bonus. 1/2 6 max is goot

bozlax
09-05-2005, 08:31 PM
I LOVE THIS! The clearance rate playing 1/2-6max is unbelievable. 600-and-change hands this afternoon, 4-tabling, and I got the 455 hands I needed to clear the iGMPay bonus. And, my winrate is 1.66BB/100! And, it only took about 2 hours, total.

I may make it after all. (Cue the Mary Tyler Moore theme music.)

hemstock
09-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Good luck. I just finish empire and I have some prima sites to do next.

MrWookie47
09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
That's not a bad feat. However, if you're really up for a challenge, you should try and run out of bonus at Absolute. Even if you miss a few of their reloads, I don't think it can be done.

bozlax
09-06-2005, 12:59 PM
The challenge is dead. I'm a moran, and after finishing the first bonus at Party cashed out to make the second deposit (even though I could have done it without cashing out). According to the rules, if you cash out "during the bonus period" but before you claim the bonus, you're inelligible for the bonus.

So, I'll get 2 of the 3. Next time.

jrz1972
09-06-2005, 01:04 PM
With the Party bonus, the Empire turbo reload, the Stars reload, and last month's Paradise bonus still sitting in the hopper (I've been procrastinating on that one because I hate Paradise), I moved up to 1/2 6-max to get these things knocked down in a reasonable length of time.

I was actually kind of disappointed in the clearance rates at Party/Empire; only 65% or so of the hands were raked. I thought it would be higher than that, but I was also playing a lot Sunday and Monday when every other weak-tight bonus whore was at the tables.

I finished Party and Empire and I should polish off Paradise either tonight or tomorrow. Then I'll drop back down to .5/1 for Stars. It'll take a while to clear at that level, but that's fine.