PDA

View Full Version : William Hill paid to play question

RevAgain
09-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Just signed up at Will Hill to get my £25/month for 5 hours play. Not many tables open and after waiting on list for a minute I get the offer to start a 2/4 table for £6/hour.

So here I am sat on the table on my own, am I being paid for sitting here waiting for someone else to join? I assume it doesn't count towards my hours played for the monthly bonus but are they generous enough to give me the prop money for sitting here waiting for someone else to join the table?

Is there any way to check your hours played bonus stats etc. on WH, inc. prop play?

TA

09-05-2005, 08:04 PM
u get paid for as long as u sit at the table whether anyone joins u or not.....not sure if it counts towards the 5 hrs play tho

Thoth
09-06-2005, 03:32 AM
Hours played count towards both bonuses, so you essentially get £11/hour. When you're just sitting without an opponent you do not get the £5, not sure whether you get the £6.

To see your bonus you can login on the site, go to account. Select account statement and then press view statement where you can see all acct activity. It should show 'Awarded one Pay to Play bonus' if you recently got money. Also shows money for prop play here.
You can get here as well from the cashier in the pokerroom

RevAgain
09-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Cheers Thoth.

You're right, there is no payment whilst the table is empty, even if you have been called to fill it, I just got paid for the time I was actually playing. I can understand that but it's also a bit stingy. Pay half maybe as I was sat there with my money on the table and when my spot came up on the table I was waiting for I couldn't sit down. Basically you have to be sat there paying attention as if someone sits down and you time out you are sitting out...

Also I don't approve of inviting me to start a game of €2/4 short handed (heads up to start with of course) hold'em when I only bought in about €70 to the account. It hardly encourages good bankroll management. Luckily I enjoy very short-handed play and of course that's not my entire bankroll but it sounds like a quick route to bust a new customer to me, unless they always give the new guy AA/KK/AK/AQs in their first 15 minutes of play like happened to me /images/graemlins/grin.gif