PDA

View Full Version : My imagination, bug, or uncommon rule?

sirpupnyc
09-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Twice in a Pokerroom 22 last night I saw situations where an all-in that wasn't a technical full raise got reraised all-in. Am I imagining that this isn't kosher by the usual rules?

For example, I bet 100, player B raises to 200, player C goes all-in for 215, I call, B goes all-in.

C would have had to raise to 300 or more for it to be raiseable, right?

Clearly this doesn't apply on Pokerroom (or it's a bug), but I'm not imagining the rule, am I?

(I was probably calling in my example above anyway, but if I'd known the action wasn't closed I might have at least given it some more thought.)

citanul
09-05-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(I was probably calling in my example above anyway, but if I'd known the action wasn't closed I might have at least given it some more thought.)

[/ QUOTE ]

you should have known the action wasn't closed when it got back to you and it gave you the chance to raise again.

this bug of being able to reraise over non-legal raises is standard at several of the online rooms. it's not a bug, it's just the house rules.

citanul

sirpupnyc
09-06-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you should have known the action wasn't closed when it got back to you and it gave you the chance to raise again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point, oh mighty one. Can I escape browbeating by claiming it was late and I started a SNG rather than going to bed? Or at least by promising to pay more attention to the obvious in the future? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

09-06-2005, 12:54 AM
And its also something you should be looking out for as a way of sucking people into a pot further.

Ogre
09-06-2005, 01:24 AM
do you mean something like

player A bets 100
player B calls 100
Player C goes all in for 115
Player A goes all in

?

Roland32
09-06-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

player A bets 100
player B calls 100
Player A goes all in

?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that move! its the "Jerkstore" of poker moves

schwza
09-06-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet 100, player B raises to 200, player C goes all-in for 215, I call, B goes all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, because OP is allowed to raise B's raise regardless of what C does, even by normal poker rules.

kyro
09-06-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I bet 100, player B raises to 200, player C goes all-in for 215, I call, B goes all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, because OP is allowed to raise B's raise regardless of what C does, even by normal poker rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should give up your moderator status cit. Sorry.

mjm
09-06-2005, 11:34 AM
The variation on this bug from site to site is annoying though. On Pacific if you try an illegal raise (like the OP's example)it is treated as a fold!!

sirpupnyc
09-06-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

player A bets 100
player B calls 100
Player A goes all in

?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I mean

Player A bets 100
Player B raises 100 to 200
Player C goes all in for 215
Player A calls 115
Player B goes all in

Player B essentially gets to reraise his own raise.