PDA

View Full Version : correct $$$$$

09-05-2005, 07:33 PM
in plaiying in a 10/20 what would be the
ideal amount of $$ to bring into the game,to play comfortable. If lose the 1st $-would it be correct to rebuy
or take a the rest of the day off. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

KidPokerX
09-05-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ideal amount of $$ to bring into the game,to play comfortable. If lose the 1st $-would it be correct to rebuy
or take a the rest of the day off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm quoting you to show you how silly that sounds.

If you're talking about 10/20 limit, buy-in for whatever amount makes you comfortable. If 200 bets makes you comfy, sit with $4,000. If just 5 bets makes you comfortable, sit with 100 (obviously this decision would not be very wise).
I find that 25 bets suits me just right.

And secondly, sit out when the game is no longer in your best interests, stay as long as you feel good. May I ask how well you did at 5/10?
good luck.

09-05-2005, 08:19 PM
1st --let me say thank you for responding...
2nd --its not silly cause if you fell great and
are playing great and lose $$$ is it correct to get up--
or stay and lose more--even though you are playing great..
3rd--i do well--but example---i hit a set of As on the flop
flop----A94 OFFSUIT ---5/10 5 people in the flop--raise --reraise 3 stay--- some1 catchs runner runner..
for flush or str8---not bad playing doing everything correct pre,post exc.exc.

SORRY SO LONG

JonPKibble
09-05-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1st --let me say thank you for responding...
2nd --its not silly cause if you fell great and
are playing great and lose $$$ is it correct to get up--
or stay and lose more--even though you are playing great..
3rd--i do well--but example---i hit a set of As on the flop
flop----A94 OFFSUIT ---5/10 5 people in the flop--raise --reraise 3 stay--- some1 catchs runner runner..
for flush or str8---not bad playing doing everything correct pre,post exc.exc.
SORRY SO LONG

[/ QUOTE ]

Just figure out what the most you want to part with for the day is, buy in for that much, and leave if you bust out. That is the simplest thing to do.

Bad beats happen. But remember, they are the reason you get paid off when you aren't getting bad beats /images/graemlins/smile.gif Well worth it IMO.

KidPokerX
09-05-2005, 08:53 PM
First of all, thank you for being sincere.
As you may already know, the cards have no memory. Just because you happen to be running poorly does not change the overall outcome. This is why people will tell you to think of poker as one long consecutive game. Yes, I know you must first learn to master the short term, but by thinking this way you no longer allow yourself to be judged on a day-to-day performance (like you're doing now).
Third of all, the situation you posted is just one of many that will arise during your career. Everyone handles these differently, but I consider this all part of the fun. If it weren't for those I wouldn't play.
Hope this helps.

09-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Yes it has helped--and i have been looking at it day by day
instead of the long run--and that may affect my short term game by thinking like this...I am going to start baseing my results differently as well as move on up in stakes...

Thank all of you for the advice..and quick response.. /images/graemlins/cool.gif
see you guys at the tables....

DavidC
09-06-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or take a the rest of the day off. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy in for between 4-500. Keep another 1k in your pocket. Rebuy if you drop below $250.

Quit at any time in which you feel that you're not playing your best game, or that the table conditions have made it a -EV situation for you, regardless of whether you're winning or losing.

--Dave.
Buy