PDA

View Full Version : spreadsheet question

chisness
09-05-2005, 07:11 PM
i've made my own spreadsheet that tracks all the basics and have today decided to add a section that shows my yearly SNG amount goal and what % of this is done so far

that part is easy

the spreadsheet then shows how many SNGs are needed to be played per day on average in order to meet the yearly goal

i say this is the number of remaining SNGs (goal - completed) divided by play days needed (days left in year - days off remaining)

so for today if my goal is 4000 and ive played 3000 and ive taken 3/10 days off and there are 118 days left in the year, the sngs needed per day should be 1000/(118-7) = 1000/111 = 9.01 per day

2 problems:

1) if i take off more days than intended (over 10 in the example) then my play days needed would be greater than actual days remaining in the year, so the SNGs average needed should be based on days in year remaining but would actually still be based on play days needed (how do i tell it to use days in year remaining if days in year is less than play days needed?)

2) once the year is almost over, the play days needed can become negative which can be fixed by manually changing days taken to 10 even if it was lower (is this the most efficient way around this?)

am i overall doing this in the most efficient way? any suggestions?