PDA

View Full Version : Flopping a strong draw that only partially gets there.

macdaddy991
09-05-2005, 06:54 PM
I have been working on tempuring my draw aggresion. I have found that a larger leak in my game is pressing strong draws into weak opponents, even with little or no hand. Critique this.

All opponents are typically passive.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Note, I don't paticurally like the river. I feel that I should have check-folded

numeri
09-05-2005, 06:59 PM
I agree with everything. (Including the fact that the river should be a check/fold.)

chiachu
09-05-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Note, I don't paticurally like the river. I feel that I should have check-folded

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. everything else looks ok to me.

SlantNGo
09-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Why are we check/folding the river? Are we good here 1 in what will turn out to be probably 9 or 10? If so, we should bet. If we check, and a passive bets, we're probably not good and should fold. If we check with the best hand, the passives most certainly aren't going to bet, so we win nothing. A passive player could easily call down here with a lower PP, or even an Ace-high missed draw.

macdaddy991
09-05-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have been being results oriented. I feel a little lost in these situations.

Redd
09-05-2005, 11:48 PM
I'd rather try for the free card on the turn. Even if we count 3 aces+4 kings+8 non-used, non-king /images/graemlins/spade.gifs we're still 2.1:1 to improve and they're probably not both folding.

hemstock
09-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Heads up, I would bet the river as well.
Against 2 opponents I would check-call the river just because I have a pair of Tens. Otherwise, I'd check-fold with ace high.

ubercuber
09-06-2005, 12:00 AM
:grunch:
Well you bet or rasied every chance you had so I am not sure that you are tempering well! That said, I like the whole line, even the river bet...MP2 on a draw here enough to take a shot, I don't know about 1/2 but I've seen plenty of bp call here at .5/1.

PokerSparky
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Given the read of your opponents being passive, I like a check fold on the river.

SlantNGo
09-06-2005, 12:29 AM
I totally missed this. Agreed - take the free card on the turn if offered.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather try for the free card on the turn. Even if we count 3 aces+4 kings+8 non-used, non-king /images/graemlins/spade.gifs we're still 2.1:1 to improve and they're probably not both folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

09-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Why would you raise pf with a drawing hand from UTG+1? It seems you want more people in the pot with you to give you better drawing odds. It looks like a loose table, but it seems that in general, the only people that would be sticking around after a pf raise are strong hands like AQ and AK which could be dominating. If it's reraised to you, you're looking at heads-up against a very strong hand from oop.

09-06-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm crap but I'd dial it down a notch. Given the passive nature of the opposition and the low limit, there's just too many ways on this flop for you not to get called down. From a later position or against a couple more opponents I'd agree with everything (including the check\fold river) but from UTG+1 I'd be more inclined to (be a weak bastard) try for the free card.