PDA

View Full Version : Roomate is threating to kick me out.

ackid
09-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Got a note taped on the door today from one of my roomates saying that all I do is play poker online and have to contribute to house choirs or I should fine a new place to live. Dont know what she means exactly I do the dishes and take out the garbage every day. She says only doing two things not enough and its "not fair" that they work hard for thier money(its a couple boyfriend/girlfriend) and all I do is sit on the computer all day and play online.

Its true they do work long hrs. but when there home the boyfriend get's drunk and passes out in front of the T.V. and she smokes pot does coke and parties all night. I would move out but the rent is pretty cheap and its a good area. How should I handel this?

LethalRose
09-05-2005, 06:44 PM
so move out they sound annoying anyway.

touchfaith
Hide the bodies well

ChoicestHops
Smoke pot, do coke, and party with the girl at night and play poker during the day.

LBJ
09-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Just do a little more. what's the big deal? How much more are they asking you to do?

STLantny
09-05-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Got a note taped on the door today from one of my roomates saying that all I do is play poker online and have to contribute to house choirs or I should fine a new place to live. Dont know what she means exactly I do the dishes and take out the garbage every day. She says only doing two things not enough and its "not fair" that they work hard for thier money(its a couple boyfriend/girlfriend) and all I do is sit on the computer all day and play online.

Its true they do work long hrs. but when there home the boyfriend get's drunk and passes out in front of the T.V. and she smokes pot does coke and parties all night. I would move out but the rent is pretty cheap and its a good area. How should I handel this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take voice lessons?

Seriously, [censored] them, if you are paying your rent, and cleaning up your things, tell em to screw off. Just make a deal that everyone cleans up after themselves, and wash the dishes that tehy use etc. Assign weeks for cleaning communal areas, and stick to it. If they are doing coke and stuff, just threaten to call the cops or somethin if they give you flak.

KDawgCometh
09-05-2005, 06:47 PM
as long as you take care of your own [censored], then it really shouldn't be a problem. If you keep any mess to your own room, then it shouldn't be her and her BF's concern as to what you do. Pay your bills on time, pay your rent on time and manage your [censored], and then she shouldn't have any problem. Of course, if you already do this, and you can't talk it out, then you should move out, cause its gonna be nothing but a bad situation, cause she is probably jealous of what you do for a living

jokerthief
09-05-2005, 06:59 PM
You should tell them, indignantly, that poker is hard work and if they don't believe you they should try it and see how long they last. Then say "bitch be cool" real loud and repetitively until the bitch stfu.

Sephus
09-05-2005, 07:01 PM
they sound jealous.

ackid
09-05-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as long as you take care of your own [censored], then it really shouldn't be a problem. If you keep any mess to your own room, then it shouldn't be her and her BF's concern as to what you do. Pay your bills on time, pay your rent on time and manage your [censored], and then she shouldn't have any problem. Of course, if you already do this, and you can't talk it out, then you should move out, cause its gonna be nothing but a bad situation, cause she is probably jealous of what you do for a living

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I can see some truth in that. The boyfriends cool but she's a miserable c%nt and he's pussywhipped so what she says go's. She go's (while i'm doing the dishes)"since your cleaning the dishes why dont you do the bathroom too its a mess". I said "yeah sure" and blew it off. I thought I NEVER see her clean the house once, and now she wants me to clean the bathroom. I have no problem w/ keeping a clean house and I know stuff has to be done but I think her additude really sucks. Am I wrong?

touchfaith
09-05-2005, 07:09 PM
This is why I don't mind taking crap for rooming with my sister. Crap like this doesn't come up.

If she says something I don't like...I tell her to [censored] off and die and it bounces right off.

If I say something she doesn't like...She tells me to [censored] off and die and it bounces right off.

As you can see, I win most of the few arguements we have.

imported_CaseClosed326
09-05-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they sound jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought too. Make it worse, hire a maid.

ackid
09-05-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they sound jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I was thinking the same thing, That would be funny as hell!!

kipin
09-05-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they sound jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great answer.

TxSteve
09-05-2005, 07:15 PM
yeah..

just kick her 50 bucks every other week for a maid.

much easier....much cleaner...and you drop a couple big bets a month to contribute to your house hold.

problem solved

Al P
09-05-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is why I don't mind taking crap for rooming with my sister. Crap like this doesn't come up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're 37 and live with your sister? Major detail you forgot in your other thread.

touchfaith
09-05-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're 37 and live with your sister? Major detail you forgot in your other thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, try living in the Bay Area on a single income without having a roommate. I'm just smart enough to not place myself in a position to have the issues mentioned by the OP.

Besides, I don't live 'with my sister', we live together. It actually started out when she wanted to dump the BF she was living with and I happily took her in and cut my $1400/month rent in half.

Luckily now, she spends 70% of her days & nights at her present BF's, I get cheaper rent and basically live alone.

Yay me!

TheCroShow
09-05-2005, 08:30 PM
a lot of that going around =/

yellowjack
09-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Try it at least once, please.

Then of course report back to OOT w/ results.

ddss6_99
09-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Am I the only one who thinks a swift donkey punch of the aformentioned note leaver is in order?

irishpint
09-05-2005, 08:52 PM
play this RJD2 cd i've been listening to. it's so awesome that they won't dare kick you and are in fact more likely to ask you to have a 3-some.

ChipWrecked
09-05-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Smoke pot, do coke, and party with the girl at night and play poker during the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dale
09-05-2005, 09:07 PM
I think you should get the hell out of there and don't look back. I can't see anything redeeming about this situation. This isn't a fight you can win, or even want to have. Cut your losses and move on. There's better out there for you.

Reef
09-05-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they sound jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

niiiiice

09-05-2005, 09:23 PM
They charge $40 per room if they come from a professional maid service. But if you use the classified ads, you can probably get away with paying a third that amount.

As for the dishes, buy plastic spoons and forks, and paper plates. Let them wash their own dishes.

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-05-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for the dishes, buy plastic spoons and forks, and paper plates. Let them wash their own dishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I have done for my last 3 years in college. I highely reccomend it for lazy fucks like me.

-Craig

09-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Here is an example. (http://www.merrymaids.com/servcost.html)

But as I said, it can be cheaper than this if you hire an independent individual as opposed to an organized business. Buy the cleaning supplies from a 99 cents only store. Don't let them clean your roommates rooms.

MikeNaked
09-05-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I have done for my last 3 years in college. I highely reccomend it for lazy fucks like me.

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...kill the Earth more.

TheBlueMonster
09-05-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so move out they sound annoying anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or...if you want to be a dick,call the cops so you can get new roommates. And make sure to hide any evidence of your poker playing so you don't look like a degenerate gambler.

scalf
09-05-2005, 10:07 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif ez

buy 'em a lid and case;

that'll shut em up awhile; also consider paying for a maid to clean up once a month; amazing the diff.

gl

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

mmbt0ne
09-05-2005, 10:37 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...kill the Earth more.

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to the energy wasted by a dishwasher? Or the water used to do such?

He's maybe eaten 2 trees in the 3 years he's been using paper plates.

CaptSensible
09-05-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLOL

CaptSensible
09-05-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I can see some truth in that. The boyfriends cool but she's a miserable c%nt and he's pussywhipped so what she says go's. She go's (while i'm doing the dishes)"since your cleaning the dishes why dont you do the bathroom too its a mess". I said "yeah sure" and blew it off. I thought I NEVER see her clean the house once, and now she wants me to clean the bathroom. I have no problem w/ keeping a clean house and I know stuff has to be done but I think her additude really sucks. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

She sounds like a Bitch with a capitol C.
What I would do is this:

Ask for the there to be an assigned list of chores that rotate ie;
1 week Boyfriend cleans the kitchen, you do the bathroom, she does the living room.
The next week BF does the bathroom, you do the living room, she does the kitchen.

You get the point.

This way:
You know exactly what the chores are.
You aren't doing more than your fair share.

What's crazy making about her demands are that they're arbitrary and therefore bulldung.

With assigned list of chores she can NEVER get on your case again.

CaptSensible
09-05-2005, 10:52 PM
She sounds like a Bitch with a capitol C.
What I would do is this:

Ask for the there to be an assigned list of chores that rotate ie;
1 week Boyfriend cleans the kitchen, you do the bathroom, she does the living room.
The next week BF does the bathroom, you do the living room, she does the kitchen.

You get the point.

This way:
You know exactly what the chores are.
You aren't doing more than your fair share.

What's crazy making about her demands are that they're arbitrary and therefore bulldung.

With assigned list of chores she can NEVER get on your case again.

09-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Dude, you should just find a new place to live. Try checking out craigslist

arod15
09-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Depends. If you like them help out more, problem solved. If you dont then say you will tell the police, or rents they have a drug problem and to suck your dick.....

dankhank
09-06-2005, 01:25 AM
no one should be made to feel bad about playing online poker all day. it is the coolest thing to be doing.

coffeecrazy1
09-06-2005, 01:29 AM
I love all the previous ideas. But...in case you want a boring answer.

First thing I'd look at is whatever sort of contract you have with them...if they own the property. If not, talk with the person that does...but DO NOT mention the drug use initially.

Secondly, have a talk with them about this, since it's obviously a problem. Find out what the real issue is...if it's the cleaning, then I think the maid route is actually a pretty good one, especially if you offer to foot the bill(though I'm not saying that you necessarily should).

If it's the poker, however, then there may be a more serious problem at hand. If it's the poker, then ask her what business it is of hers. No matter the response, play the drug card(for the sake of the argument, you find drug use offensive). See if an agreement is possible(i.e. they leave you alone, you leave them alone). If not, BAIL OUT AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.

All of this advice is if you really want to stay. Honestly, this is a shitload of grief for an irrational bitch that is not your girlfriend. Start checking other places out now.

jokerthief
09-06-2005, 01:43 AM
Are you sure that this bitch doesn't just want to live alone with her boyfriend and is using poker and chores as an exuse to get mad enough to kick you out. You said that the rent is cheap. How cheap is it? Is it cheap enough that if you left, the two of them wouldn't find a replacement roommate? Did you sign a lease?

09-06-2005, 02:14 AM
Get her to fall in love with you, kick her (ex)boyfriend out, then get her to do the chores.

SammyKid11
09-06-2005, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(its a couple boyfriend/girlfriend)

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is your biggest problem. Why the hell do you want to live with a couple? Not only does this scream loser to any girl you bring home, it also must suck in more ways than this specific incident. I've had friends who have gotten into similar situations, and both times it got extremely awkward for them. If you need to have roommates, make it people who aren't involved with each other (unless it's two hot lipstick lesbians...then you do all the chores or choirs you have to do in order to watch and participate).

[ QUOTE ]
All I do all day is sit on the computer all day and play online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is difficult for some people to get their minds around. When I first started playing poker for a living, my gf (who I live with) was in school, having a really hectic semester. When my being home a large percentage of the time did not translate to my doing 90% of the house chores, she became silently frustrated by this and kinda treated me like crap for a week or so until she told me what was on her mind. When she did, I had to explain to her that while I was technically home, I was still working quite diligently and would not be available to start doing her share of our joint housework. Anyway, being an intelligent person who cares about me, she realized what I was saying had merit, acquiesced, and life went back to normal as she accepted that what used to be a hobby that made me some extra money was now my full-time job...and the fact that it was a job I could do from home did not make it fair for me to get more work to do.

Nevertheless...for someone who doesn't try to "get" poker and all that goes into becoming good enough to make serious money at it...and/or for someone who doesn't care enough about you to take the time to wrap their mind around the fact that playing 8 tables at a time is not the same as playing Madden Football...these can be difficult things to swallow, especially when they go to their crappy, low-wage jobs all day long and you have more money than them while doing something you enjoy. Add in the fact that these people are seriously self-medicating, and it makes it even more likely that they're not gonna "get it." Plus, since they are a couple, it very easily could be that they're ready to live AS a couple and are merely looking for a "righteous" excuse so that they're not the jerkwads that kicked you out for no good reason.

Bottom line...unless they're much more reasonable than you've made them sound...and probably even if they are...it's time to get out.