PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand

JDErickson
09-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Interesting Hand today. Not much strategy but results were interesting.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (20.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (10.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds, MP3 folds, BB calls.

River: (14.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 14.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Kh Ks (one pair, kings).
UTG has Ac Ad (one pair, aces).
Outcome: UTG wins 14.16 BB. </font>

09-05-2005, 06:53 PM
What was your thinking behind the flop check? I found the turn coupled with the results amusing.

newhizzle
09-05-2005, 07:19 PM
uhh... the way it turned out... good fold, but i bet the flop, and theres no way im folding the turn

baronzeus
09-05-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
theres no way im folding the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

even though it's capped preflop and it's two cold to you on a 4straight board?

09-05-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in that hand I believe. I had the AAs. Username was probably either unlimitedix or surrealitytl /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

brazilio
09-05-2005, 07:57 PM
What are you doing checking that flop?

shant
09-05-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was in that hand I believe. I had the AAs. Username was probably either unlimitedix or surrealitytl /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
YOU PLAYED GREAT!

Buck_65
09-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Why did you limp preflop?

newhizzle
09-05-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who has a 4, and i dont see overpairs as likely because of the flop action

JDErickson
09-05-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't you

JDErickson
09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What was your thinking behind the flop check? I found the turn coupled with the results amusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt I was beat. Just not by BB and UTG

thejameser
09-05-2005, 09:44 PM
i think everyone played weak IMO. why no flop bet?

Harv72b
09-05-2005, 10:11 PM
When it's checked to you with the capper on your immediate left and you're holding an overpair, why on earth wouldn't you bet? Unless MP3 was the mother of all passive players and you're planning to check/call with odds to chase your 2-outer?

JDErickson
09-05-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think everyone played weak IMO. why no flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I felt I was beat. A cap PF usually can beat JJ. WIth MP3 behind me I felt I definately would get raised if I bet. I decided to see what developed behind me.

Harv72b
09-05-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WIth MP3 behind me I felt I definately would get raised if I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an excellent reason to bet.

istewart
09-05-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WIth MP3 behind me I felt I definately would get raised if I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an excellent reason to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he feels he will raise a worse hand though.

Harv72b
09-05-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily.

While it's very possible that MP3 started the hand with a stronger holding than Hero's JJ, this flop almost certainly didn't help MP3. So Hero's two jack outs are almost certainly good, and he absolutely has odds to chase them for another street.

What the raise could do is clear out a few potential redraws should Hero spike his J on the turn. Things like bare aces, 66, etc, that picked up a gutshot draw. You can argue that someone holding two overs with an ace should call 2 on this flop, and depending on their position and/or how many players coldcalled before them, you'd be 100% correct. But I like giving them the opportunity to give up on their hand, correctly or not.

I think far too many people fail to appreciate that sometimes it's correct to bet when you're almost certain that you're behind, if you'll have correct odds to continue on your draw no matter what and betting into a likely raise could clear out some redraws.

09-05-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily.

While it's very possible that MP3 started the hand with a stronger holding than Hero's JJ, this flop almost certainly didn't help MP3. So Hero's two jack outs are almost certainly good, and he absolutely has odds to chase them for another street.

What the raise could do is clear out a few potential redraws should Hero spike his J on the turn. Things like bare aces, 66, etc, that picked up a gutshot draw. You can argue that someone holding two overs with an ace should call 2 on this flop, and depending on their position and/or how many players coldcalled before them, you'd be 100% correct. But I like giving them the opportunity to give up on their hand, correctly or not.

I think far too many people fail to appreciate that sometimes it's correct to bet when you're almost certain that you're behind, if you'll have correct odds to continue on your draw no matter what and betting into a likely raise could clear out some redraws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post. I need to learn to fight more for pots like this.

JacksonTens
09-06-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What are you doing checking that flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

...Mr. Gutshot can't be let off the hook, nor can those punks AB &amp; KB

B is for broadway

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

x2ski
09-06-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you limp preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that seems to be the "in" thing right now, at least from my experience lately.

The results against me show that it's working.

I just say, "Keep it up, bitches!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheHammer24
09-06-2005, 12:43 AM
The River is just beyond me.

09-06-2005, 12:48 AM
The only thing I can come with on the flop was that everyone was hoping to check/raise one another...

...however, that really doesn't explain the weak turn play by almost everyone.

jason_t
09-06-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post. I need to learn to fight more for pots like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's articulate but wrong (in this case).