PDA

View Full Version : JTs in late position, 20/40 Foxwoods

Josh Chud
09-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Howdy,

so i just got back from Foxwoods this weekend. First off i would like to discourage anyone who doesnt already live in new england from going. 70% of the dealers are terrible, they dont give a poker rate, you need to spend 12 hours a day for 3 days to earn 1 comped meal, and they're all RUDE. That being said i tore this game up for a nice 2000$. Anyways i can't figure to play this hand any different except on maybe on the flop so i thought i'd throw this one out there to see if i had any options.

Hero is in CO - 1 with J /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Fold, fold, fold, Semi-loose very poor overall player raises, fold, Hero Calls, CO folds, button folds, SB and BB both call.

I'm playing in a semi loose game, the two players behind me are semi-loose who have almost made it a point to cold call raises in the last 45 minutes to an hour. the SB and BB are both blind defenders so im confident they will take a flop, so i dont see what good 3-betting and isolating with this holding will do, i have a good chance to build a pot here by calling with what is surely the worst hand PF.

Flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB Checks, BB checks, PF Raiser bets, Hero calls, SB and BB both call.

Okay, the pot wasn't as big as i wanted it to be. Im still fairly confident that im drawing to best hand regardless of wither or not that third /images/graemlins/club.gif hits. But if i raise for the free card, im sure to scare out customers in the SB and BB who will contribute to my pot odds, they will chase almost anything if they've connected with the flop. However, in hindsight im thinking that a raise is actually the best play. My semi-loose PF raiser may have a mediocre holding like 99 and be ready to toss his hand, and a raise tells me for sure if anyone is on that flush draw (except for the PF raiser, who we can assume is either calling regardless because he has something, or chasing one more street, so a call from him means nothing in terms of the draw). If everyone folds to him, a bet on fourth street may win the pot outright if my draw doesnt hit. So i'd like some comments on my thinking on that one.

Turn is the A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Okay nut straight with A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif staring me down on the board.

SB Bets, BB folds, PF Raiser folds.

So, what's my line?

There's two tricks to this... if he had the flush, wouldn't he check hoping the preflop raiser will bet again (who probably has an ace) so he can check raise?.. doesnt his bet tell me he actually doesnt have the flush? However, in early position sometimes its better just to get your calls in on the final two streets and be done with the hand, so ive got him on a 50/50 chance the he has my hand beat.

ShortySaurus
09-05-2005, 05:47 PM
raise turn and bet river on a non club.....

KramerTM
09-05-2005, 08:50 PM
SB might not check raise here with a small flush. A bet from the SB either means he hit his small flush or hit with Ax and doesn't want to see another card come off.

KramerTM
09-05-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise turn and bet river on a non club.....

[/ QUOTE ]

And fold to a reraise on the turn, right? I like this line.

Mikey
09-05-2005, 10:10 PM
raise this without hesitation and without too much worry.