PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker hand history again

Terry
04-22-2003, 02:13 PM
Bah. Party Poker is still trying to implement some new goofy hand history format. They seem to insist that showing every option available to every player on every turn is a good idea.

** Dealing River ** : [ 9c ]
Player1 shown [Fold,Check,Bet(4)]
Player1 bets (4)
Player2 shown [Fold,Call(4),Raise(8)]
Player2 folds
Player3 shown [Fold,Call(4),Raise(8)]
Player3 folds

Does anyone here think this clarifies the situation?

They also are not showing the cards the player had, but rather, the five card hand they made:
PlayerA balance $38, bet $10, collected $22, net +$12 [ two pairs, eights and sixes -- As,8d,8s,6s,6h ]
PlayerB balance $115, lost $10 [ two pairs, eights and sixes -- Qd,8d,8s,6s,6h ]

It’s not possible to determine if any foul play is going on when this is the only information given.

If I were to guess, I’d guess that this site is being run by a computer programmer who doesn’t play poker.

beernutz
04-22-2003, 02:50 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
They also are not showing the cards the player had, but rather, the five card hand they made:

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't you infer the board cards, and consequently the cards in the player's hands, if cards for at least two players are shown?

Terry
04-22-2003, 03:56 PM
What hands did the two players above have? If raising and reraising had broken out in this hand could you tell if it was being done with AK vs QJs or if it was A2 vs Q4?

They have removed the information needed to detect collusion.

And a whole list of:
[Fold, Call(x), Raise(2x)]

seems to me to make it more difficult to follow the action, not easier.

It just seems to me that they had a perfectly good hand history format and are making changes that are not just pointless but are actually negative in their effect.

Edit to add info:

Let me add the reason for my concern. I've played on Party for about 35 to 40 hours now. The games are good, but frequently tend to be very wild... lots of maniacs.

One day, for example, the were two players, one of whom would limp almost every hand and the next would raise about half the time. They would then tend to frequently check raise and three bet each other with someone in the middle, with one of them folding on the river.

After seeing this many times, I decided to take my AKs to the river, no matter what. Turns out the check raiser folded on the river and the original preflop raiser who had been betting and three betting all the way showed down 63o. Just a maniac? or more than that? With this hand history format, I just can't tell... so I just can't play.

ptrack pat
04-22-2003, 03:58 PM
You may be able to infer one of the hole cards but not both...in the example given, Terry doesn't list what the board cards are so I'm going to make them up myself...

Board[2d,8d,8s,6s,6h]
PlayerA balance $38, bet $10, collected $22, net +$12 [ two pairs, eights and sixes -- As,8d,8s,6s,6h ]
PlayerB balance $115, lost $10 [ two pairs, eights and sixes -- Qd,8d,8s,6s,6h ]

So you can infer that playerA had an As and playerB had a Qd as one of their hole cards. But what was the other one? No way to tell unless both are used to make a hand.

Pat

Emperor
04-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Didn't you send them a message that if they change their hand history format that they will no longer be supported by your software?

They should think of all the business they will lose.

ptrack pat
04-22-2003, 04:49 PM
No, I would never do that. I highly doubt they would care. I'll put out a patch to Poker Tracker once things straighten out.