PDA

View Full Version : 99 in SB.... difficult decision for me here

Gomez22
09-05-2005, 04:18 PM
$10/1 SNG on Eurobet

Level 5 (75/150) - 6 players remain

I'm in SB with T1370 and 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG pushes for 825, it folds to me, but BB is big stack with T2222.... what's my play here? Is this an easy push, easy fold, tough decision, or so close it doesn't matter?

bluefeet
09-05-2005, 04:34 PM
I think "tempting" is a better word.

You haven't included all the info, but I suspect at this intermediate level, you're looking a SEVERAL players at or near the 10BB mark. Patience is key in this stage IMO. As you approach the bubble, the calling standards are often a bit tighter as everyone jockeys for position. I'm calling VERY little here, despite your stack size. Take advantage of the tight table, by picking your spots for OPEN aggression. A little tougher when you'll be pushing into or through big-stack, but you should find opportunities before you lose your FE.

wiggs73
09-05-2005, 04:38 PM
You've got 75 chips invested. You're probably looking at a coin-flip-at-best situation. I think there are safer ways to accumulate chips than calling here.

tigerite
09-06-2005, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think "tempting" is a better word.

You haven't included all the info, but I suspect at this intermediate level, you're looking a SEVERAL players at or near the 10BB mark. Patience is key in this stage IMO. As you approach the bubble, the calling standards are often a bit tighter as everyone jockeys for position. I'm calling VERY little here, despite your stack size. Take advantage of the tight table, by picking your spots for OPEN aggression. A little tougher when you'll be pushing into or through big-stack, but you should find opportunities before you lose your FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's read dependent. Put it this way, if that's me UTG pushing, my range is most Ax, most any pair, and KQ/KJ probably.