Larry Johnson vNYJ
Torry Holt @SF
Muhsin Muhammed @WAS
Tony Gonzalez vNYJ
Mike Vanderjagt @BAL
Baltimore Defense vIND

Josh W
09-05-2005, 04:51 PM
I think team 1 may be better, but because of the matchups, I like team 2 this week. Both RBs will have a very tough go of it for 1. Favre struggles vs Detroit. Harrison vs Balt's secondary is no cakewalk. DJax vs Jax is okay.

The only real advantage I see for Team 1 is Defenses. Some leagues, Defenses score a ridiculous amount of points. IF that's the case here, team 1 may then have the edge, but only then.

Josh

LBJ
09-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Qbs- Team 1 has the edge. The Detroit/Green Bay game will be one of the biggest shootouts on the year. Both teams have NO defense and great offenses. Trent Green is facing a tough Jets defense.

RBs- Team 1 has the edge. Team 2's starters has 1 starter that isn't even 1st string. Larry Johnson may get some touches, but there's no reason why he will be a good fantasy back unless Priest gets hurt.

WRs and TEs- I'd give Team 2 the edge only because of matchups. Over the long run, those 3 players on each team will be pretty equal.

Ks and Ds- About even. Can't count on Baltiwhore D against Indy's offense while Washington is facing the Bears attrocious offense. It's very close Team 1 probably has the edge.

Overall, Team 1 will win. Book it.

Jack of Arcades
09-05-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Favre struggles vs Detroit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely false.

Josh W
09-05-2005, 10:21 PM
....You may be right, I was just going on the "Favre struggles in domes" stereotype.

As I typed my previous post, I though "I should check his stats", but was overcome by an overwhelming wave of laziness.

Josh

Jack of Arcades
09-05-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
....You may be right, I was just going on the "Favre struggles in domes" stereotype.

As I typed my previous post, I though "I should check his stats", but was overcome by an overwhelming wave of laziness.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Favre stuggles in domes" is weird, because the only dome Favre struggles in is the Metrodome (he's awful vs MIN).

Josh W
09-06-2005, 12:11 AM
yeah, i had heard he did okay in the superdome, in part because he was often in front of friends/family.

i'm still too lazy to look up actual stats.