PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a player I just fold a lot...

BeerMoney
09-05-2005, 02:36 PM
A tribute to Big Punisher's "I'm not a player I just "crush" a lot."

Was this a MONSTER FOLD? Par for the course? lstream's Horse "Raise" concept come into play here? Weak-tight?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

4th Street - (3.00 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls

Michael Emery
09-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Bad fold. Dosent the 7 or 8 seat bet out or raise with a 4-flush here? Wouldnt the 2 seat surely bet with a 4-flush/pair here as he wouldnt want to risk it being checked around? Sure your ace is completely dead, but what are you thinking you're up againt? You played this hand like a scared little school girl. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Mike

grb137
09-05-2005, 02:46 PM
beer - i officially am bewildered by you

BeerMoney
09-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Mike, I hate you.

Why are you assuming 3/6 players play 4 flushes aggressively?

BeerMoney
09-05-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I just make all of the wrong moves, or what?

BeerMoney
09-05-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad fold.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Roland will like it.

grb137
09-05-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I just make all of the wrong moves, or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't reconcile your earlier post where you cap with 3 flush on 3rd and this one where you folded ACES! Especially after you called me out for having no intestinal fortitude!

The hypocrisy! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTirish
09-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Do you think that 2 or 3 players checked with 4 to the flush? I'm not sure, but I think you have to bet here and hope for a raise to thin the field. In fact, a bet from you might knock people out where a bet from the last-to-act won't. (This is a phenomenon I've noticed at the lower limits--people never give the last-to-act credit for a hand when he bets instead of taking a free card.) Your hand is strong enough to take on one 4-flush, and nobody's suit is completely live.

I don't hate the fold... if you are up against 2 or more four flushes, you're in a world of hurt with the dead aces. But with them all checking, I'm not sure if you can assume you're against strong 4-card draws.

BeerMoney
09-05-2005, 03:13 PM
If I have to play the hand 3 way I'm in trouble.

kschellenger
09-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Probably not the worst fold in the world here. Three villians caught their second flush card. And your aces are dead. If you're up against 3 flushes on 4th you're leading but you're still losing more than you're winning. If you're up against even one four flush you're 4:1 or worse.

mscags
09-05-2005, 03:33 PM
I think I'm at least seeing fifth here. No one has shown any strength for goodness sakes.

Roland
09-05-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Roland will like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.
Both diamonds and clubs are looking deadish. The same goes for their cards in general - I see three tens, two queens, two nines, and of course you know those other two aces don’t help them (they actually hurt them). Plus, fives and deuces are live.
I think you have quite a bit of equity here.

Michael Emery
09-05-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mike, I hate you.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I take umbrage at that remark. Hate is a strong word. It was mean and hurt my feelings. I'm notifying the forum monitor about it, Beer. By the way, F*** you.

Mike Emery

BeerMoney
09-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Dude, if ONE person has a big draw, I'm in trouble. Not heads up, but multiway, I will be donating. To be honest I didn't really notice the suits all that well, all I knew was that I was staring at 3 people who matched their door cards fairly well. I think the pot is small, and I can get away from a potentially costly situation.

I think in this game and structure, the $1 limp is so attractive that you see fourth street after limping only after catching really well. I'm not crazy about dead ass aces in a 19-way pot.

Notorious G.O.B.
09-05-2005, 05:27 PM
What just happened here, Tobey?

Andy B
09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Am I gonna have to separate you two?

Andy B
09-05-2005, 09:11 PM
This "Big Punisher," is he a rap "artist" or something?

I would have bet here, and I don't really think it's close. I wouldn't put the guys who have all checked on big draws, and the guy who actually bet might not have much either. Yes, your Aces are dead, and that's not great, but Fives and Deuces are plenty live, and Aces-up should be enough to win enough of the time to stay with this one. If things go south on fifth, you can always cut bait then, but I think you gave up on this one way too soon.

I recommend making a wheel.

BeerMoney
09-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Andy, you've definitely heard of this song.

Given that I checked, I think the fold was wise.

Most 3/6 players don't play 4 flushes the way I do. In fact they don't play them the way I play 3 flushes.

Andy B
09-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Adam, I'm pretty sure I haven't heard the song in question. Rap music is pretty easy to avoid if you put your mind to it.

Even if you choose to check fourth, I think calling is best, especially since your call closes the action.

No one plays three-flushes like you.

jon_1van
09-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Beer,
I ran some numbers. You make an absolute killing if no one has a 4 flush. We are talking 32% to win in a 5 way pot. So that is a very large over lay.
If someone has a 4 flush they reduce your equity to around 25%. But that is still a decent equity.

I'm afraid you've let 7CSFAP advice to avoid multiway pots affect you too much.

perfecto
09-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Blow more convicts. I'm sure things will improve for you.

grb137
09-06-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

perfecto
09-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Refers to previous post where BM said...and I quote...

"Right now, I'd blow the inmates of Cell Block D at San Quentin to only be down 50 BB's right now."

His original post may help explain the -50 BB part.

BeerMoney
09-06-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice how no one replied to your posts when you said you weren't going to post anymore.

Good luck with that 100% winning session record.

In the meantime, tell us your Party SN.

perfecto
09-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Sorry. Not going to do that. I also don't respond to the detailed hand analyses you guys love to post. However, I greatly appreciate the fact that you do share this info. It comes in handy when we play at the same table. This was evidenced in another post where you named me as a "feared" player on PP.

I'm not interested in being a poker analyst or in the persistant and vlugar mis-quoting and mis-representation of other's statements. (I never said I win 100%).

I'm just interested in playing winning poker.

See you at the tables.