PDA

View Full Version : time played

09-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Was wondering if i was putting to LITTLE time at the tables.
I usually play for about 2-3 hours per session.
Question is, I was wondering about how long some of you play per session,stakes, usual results expected per session?

Thank You,
ME

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wake up CALL
09-05-2005, 03:43 PM
It is all one long session. No matter if you play 2 hours a day for a week or 14 hours in row once a week. The only difference might be making mistakes in the one long session that you wouldn't otherwise make if you were fresh.

09-05-2005, 07:57 PM
i know its ALL 1 LONG SESSION--but,on average how long do people (online) per-----sit down-----2 hours--8 hours???

KidPokerX
09-05-2005, 08:06 PM
I have no expectations, sir. Neither do the cards.

JonPKibble
09-05-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i know its ALL 1 LONG SESSION--but,on average how long do people (online) per-----sit down-----2 hours--8 hours???

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I finish ahead for the day, and sometimes I finish behind for the day...

Usually I play a few tables for an hour or two at a time.

ewashingtons
09-05-2005, 08:40 PM
so just to give you at least one semi-serious replier... my sessions vary from 30 minutes to 8 hours, but on average tend to last about 4.

DavidC
09-06-2005, 02:15 PM
check sept magazine for variance column...

I play sessions for between 1-4 hours... depending on how I'm feeling during that time.

I try to play at least 8 hours per day. THAT's been the hard part so far.

09-06-2005, 02:45 PM
I try to allow for some rest period in my sessions to make sure I'm always alert and playing my best game. While a whole session may last 6-8 hours for me I try and allow for rest periods every couple of hours to keep me fresh.

As far as winnings per session you can't be concerned at that microscopic level. Even the best players can have major downswings while still playing good solid poker. That's why you hear the "One long session" response very often and few people will offer different advice. There really isn't any other advice to offer - play your best game and stay true to the "theories" and you should be a winning player over the long run regardless of a few losing sessions. We all have those days - or longer in some cases. Hang in there.

09-06-2005, 02:48 PM
I would say 1-2 hours online at a time, because after that I get bored. In a live game I can go much longer