PDA

View Full Version : BB 75o

09-05-2005, 01:28 PM
FullTiltPoker Game #208072946: Table Moorpoint (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:02:34 ET - 2005/09/05

Seat 1: X ($97.50)
Seat 2: Villain ($47.45)
Seat 3: Ondkloss ($84.40)
Seat 4: X ($47.80)
Seat 5: X ($26.90)
Seat 6: X ($159.80)

Villain posts the small blind of $0.50
Ondkloss posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ondkloss [ 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
X folds
X folds
X folds
X calls $1
Villain calls $0.50
Ondkloss checks

*** FLOP *** [ 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Villain checks
Ondkloss bets $2
X folds
Villain calls $2

*** TURN *** [ 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] [ 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Villain checks
Ondkloss bets $5
Villain calls $5

*** RIVER *** [ 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif ] [ 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Villain checks
Ondkloss bets $10
Villain raises to $25
Ondkloss..?

Can I play this any differently?
No real draws out the there. Woulden't I probably be outkicked in this situation... At best?

09-05-2005, 01:46 PM
I happen to like paying people off, so I call this although I do think you have major kicker issues and villian most liely has you beat.

rikz
09-05-2005, 02:16 PM
I like to continuously lead at a flop with small bets on every street when I have open trips and a weak kicker. People with overpairs and cards that pair the 3rd card on the flop will call/call/call. People with higher trips or a full house will eventually get aggressive and raise big on the turn or river. While it's possible that a villain could bluff you out if you play this way, he's only bluffing you out of a relatively small pot. Most bluffers don't bluff in dangerous, small pots when one of the blinds is showing strength and is likely to have a trip card to the pair on the board.

So, in this case, I like your line on the flop and turn. Maybe I would have bet a dollar less on the turn, but your bet was fine. On the river, the only thing you can do differently is check behind (Edit: or maybe bet a lot less hoping for an over pair like 99 to call, planning to fold to a large check-raise from villain). You must have thought your vulnerable hand was good, so you made a value bet expecting villain to just call again. Instead, villain raises a large amount. This out of position call/call/check-raise big looks like a line for a monster. Villain probably has 33. So, unfortunately, the only hand you beat is a total bluff. Even A7 or 76s has you out-kicked.

So, I think you have to fold.

You could have avoided this river decision by asking yourself, "What could he be calling preflop/calling flop/calling turn with that fits this flop but doesn't beat me? Will that kind of hand call a large (relative to the pot) bet from me on the river?" I think a $10 value bet on the river doesn't make sense since the only hand that calls will have you beat. So, everything looks fine until the river where it would have been better to check behind.

TexArcher
09-05-2005, 03:28 PM
I play that pretty much the same on all streets and fold the river, I can't imagine you're ahead after his raise, he's got you outkicked or he's on 3 3 or 8 8 for the boat. Small chance he's trying to steal it with an overpair, but pretty rare and unless you've got him read solidly as that type, I think you have to put this down...

ajmargarine
09-05-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You could have avoided this river decision by asking yourself, "What could he be calling preflop/calling flop/calling turn with that fits this flop but doesn't beat me? Will that kind of hand call a large (relative to the pot) bet from me on the river?" I think a $10 value bet on the river doesn't make sense since the only hand that calls will have you beat. So, everything looks fine until the river where it would have been better to check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh albert. It's very very rare to get c/r'd on the river like this. Hero's main concern on the river is that his 7 is outkicked, and this is a clear check behind, IMO.

kongo_totte
09-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Check the turn. The board is drawless. A guy without a 7 is likely folding whereas he might bluff/"value bet" the river if you show weakness. As played, I check the river.

09-05-2005, 06:20 PM
You'll likely lose this one. I fold for the $15 raise, as you're only getting about 2-1 (37-15). The only way I play this differently is I check the river. You've shown aggression, but he's called you down. If he's got a 7, let him try to sell it to you. If he's got an overpair, he might just check through or value bet it. Either way you'll likely only call about $10, which you bet. As is, he could be raising you figuring you wouldn't bet out trips in the flop three handed on a completely drawless board. I think that is important. Let him sell his hand to you, and call anything up to a pot sized bet. A gross overbet, I fold, because he's got to figure I'm only calling that with a 7.

Check river let him value bet it.