PDA

View Full Version : Heads up issues

09-05-2005, 12:15 PM
I think I am playing way too aggressive in heads up situations ... at what point, if any, should I have given up this hand? Was the 3-bet on the flop excessive?

Moderately loose read on villian - 28 / 10 / 2,

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.00 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.00 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.00 BB.

09-05-2005, 12:45 PM
definately check/call that river. given his flop action and the fact that he actually went to the river, he probably hit something on that flop. so in case he did, you might get raised on the river. on the other hand if he did not hit, hes probably not calling. time to induce a bluff, since you have a hand that you want to showdown cheap. he might even check through.

@bsolute_luck
09-05-2005, 12:54 PM
like the flop 3-bet. you have the nut flush draw and 2 overcards.

but i don't like the river bet. whatever he has, he isn't folding a better hand. whether i check/fold or check/call would be read-dependent.

GTSamIAm
09-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Don't bet the river. He's not going to give up after he called this turn. The rest looks fine.

Nfinity
09-05-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
like the flop 3-bet. you have the nut flush draw and 2 overcards.

but i don't like the river bet. whatever he has, he isn't folding a better hand. whether i check/fold or check/call would be read-dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, just a little.

Villian is telling us he has a hand, or has what he considers one. In my experience that means he will go to showndown more often than not, which kills our fold equity. Even with our Overcards we still only have a bit of an edge. I like bet/calling the flop here, and check/ calling the Turn UI. It allows us to get to Showdown as cheaply as possible if that is the goal, it saves us from getting raised on the Turn, which will suck here, and it gives us the opportunity for a check-raise on the big streets, or a donkbet depending on reads, whichever will get the most money in the pot.

Of course whether or not you show this down UI depends on your read of the player.

kapw7
09-05-2005, 02:37 PM
I don't like the flop 3-bet
Don't bluff the river. The pot is big for someone to fold a hand that you don't beat.