PDA

View Full Version : Party $2k hand

the 9
09-05-2005, 11:38 AM
I haven't posted for a while and feel a bit greedy just lurking all the time, so here is a semi-interesting hand on Party - I have reversed Hero and Villain to see how readable I am. I know you guys don't like shorties but I don't really want to discuss the merits of that because I don't agree with a lot of what is posted on here regarding buying in short.

Anywhoo, any comments appreciated, thanks.

Uh..hand converter is doing strange things so I'll have to write it out:

"Hero" is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
"villain" is BB.

7 handed - Hero is raising a lot of hands, 32/19 playing ok postflop, image is slightly laggy now table is 7 handed (a few fish have been busted) but not maniacal.
Villain bought in for $750 and has $850ish now, seems tight and waiting for a big pair/AK to double up. Hero covers.

UTG folds, Hero raises to $40 (this isnt as bad as it looks because there are 2 folders in MP and CO, with AliKings on the button who will also fold a lot of the time here), SB calls (decent player) BB (villain) also calls.

Flop (pot 120)
5/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, Villain checks, Hero bets 45, SB folds, Villain calls.

Turn (Pot 210)
5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain checks, Hero bets $90, Villain c/r to $300 with $500 behind, Hero calls.

River (Pot $810)
4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets $275 with $225 left?

gol4pro
09-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Flop bet sucks. Just pot it or near pot it. This hand plays itself on the turn if you get money in on the flop.

You need to be betting with air often enough to make them call your near-pot flop bet. Then on the turn, if he has AA/KK/QQ/5x, then pay him off. Otherwise, you stack AJ/KJ/QJ a good amount of the time.

Plus if he has 9T/67, then sometimes you can get him to semi-bluff all in.

the 9
09-05-2005, 12:18 PM
I hear ya, just to be clear to anyone else posting I am not hero and I don't really like it either, what hands you put villain (me) on?

flawless_victory
09-05-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear ya, just to be clear to anyone else posting I am not hero and I don't really like it either, what hands you put villain (me) on?

[/ QUOTE ]something that beat jacks and eights...
BTW/ WTF are you doing on the end?

the 9
09-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Haha, yes good question....

I thought he would check behind but not call an all in. It's not my usual play to bet half my stack here but I thought he might fold to an all in and a strange bet might confuse him into calling just to see it.

Also, if he takes a note of the hand it's not a line I'd take very often. I did feel a bit stupid afterwards when he instacalled, I didn't have him for 2 pair played so weakly.

I rivered the flush with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, maybe it's not that interesting because of the stacks, I'm not sure how often he calls $500 with a TPGK type hand which is what i had him on