sammysusar
09-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Discuss.

jakethebake
09-05-2005, 11:24 AM
You just discovered Texas?

touchfaith
09-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Yes, and in addition to the asses, they have big misquitos and roachs too.

But they are steping up to help their neighbor bigtime, so I have placed a hold on Texas bashing for the time.

jakethebake
09-05-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and in addition to the asses, they have big misquitos and roachs too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot big hair.

STLantny
09-05-2005, 11:27 AM
The stars at night, are big and bright.
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!

-PeeWee Herman

jakethebake
09-05-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

- General Phil Sheridan<font color="white">...with that said, I was born a Texan and I'll die one. Wherever I am, my heart is there. It maybe be hell to some, but it'll always be heaven to me. </font>

mslif
09-05-2005, 11:33 AM
I drove through it when I moved from Florida to Colorado and I thought it would never end.

speirs
09-05-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

- General Phil Sheridan

[/ QUOTE ]
nh

DarkForceRising
09-05-2005, 12:01 PM
I had to make a delivery to Mc Allen once. The ride from San Antonio south was beautiful. The funny thing was that every person I talked to down there had never been anywhere else except for Oklahoma and Mexico. On the way back I checked out the coast and worked my way up to Galveston. Pretty cool town but I couldn't believe the sludge between the sand and the water on the beach and the trash in the water itself.

For those familiar with Galveston, I stayed in that hotel that is out over the water.

But, yeah, that is one big-ass state. Nice people and cool scenery, though. One of these days I'd like to really check it out- especially the western part.

jakethebake
09-05-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had to make a delivery to Mc Allen once. The ride from San Antonio south was beautiful. The funny thing was that every person I talked to down there had never been anywhere else except for Oklahoma and Mexico. On the way back I checked out the coast and worked my way up to Galveston. Pretty cool town but I couldn't believe the sludge between the sand and the water on the beach and the trash in the water itself.

For those familiar with Galveston, I stayed in that hotel that is out over the water.

But, yeah, that is one big-ass state. Nice people and cool scenery, though. One of these days I'd like to really check it out- especially the western part.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the Flagship Hotel. I don't know when you were there, but they've mostly cleaned up the oil sludge on Galveston, as well as the trash. However, they've also made a decision to leave the seaweed on the beaches because it helps prevent erosion. There's just tons of it and it's pretty nasty. South Padre is much nicer, especially in the offseason.

jason_t
09-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Alaska is bigger. By a lot.

DarkForceRising
09-05-2005, 12:29 PM
I was there in May of 2000. I cut off from 77 in Victoria and took a totally screwed up backroad route. I remenber Port Lavaca, Tivoli, Brazoria and Freeport as some of the towns I drove through on my way back up.

My buddy who came with me suggested South Padre and Corpus (he was stationed there in the Navy). We had such a long drive back, though, that I wanted to get some miles behind me. We went to some bar in Galveston that night and talked them into putting on the Detroit Red Wings/ Colorodo Avalanche play-off game. Needless to say- we were the only ones interested.

The bartender told us that they have a pretty big Mardi Gras there.

BTW, the run originated in Ubly, Michigan (the thumb area of the state). 1600 miles with almost 3000 lbs. in a cargo van. Had a midnite deadline and made it with 15 minutes to spare. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

mostsmooth
09-05-2005, 12:30 PM
nice link about the topic (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/toggleignore.php?Cat=&amp;User=18668&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Nu mber=3322613&amp;what=showflat&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;s b=5&amp;o=14)

bwana devil
09-05-2005, 12:41 PM
it's the same distance from el paso to the eastern border of the state as it is from el paso to los angeles.

bwana

DarkForceRising
09-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Post deleted by DarkForceRising

ChipWrecked
09-05-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nice link about the topic (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/toggleignore.php?Cat=&amp;User=18668&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Nu mber=3322613&amp;what=showflat&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;s b=5&amp;o=14)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I am missing something here. What did I do to get on your ignore list?

[/ QUOTE ]

It ignored the OP. This little trend is getting to be a pain in the ass. I'll make my own ignore decisions smooth, thanks anyway. Starting with you.

mostsmooth
09-05-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
nothing yet.
btw, how do you figure you are?

DarkForceRising
09-05-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
nothing yet.
btw, how do you figure you are?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see now. When I hit the link I got confused as it took a few extra seconds to see that the second page. At first glance it appeared that it had my on the ignore list. Dont'mind me. Hungover as usual.

mostsmooth
09-05-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It ignored the OP. This little trend is getting to be a pain in the ass. I'll make my own ignore decisions smooth, thanks anyway. Starting with you.

[/ QUOTE ]
damn, you just ruined my day

ChipWrecked
09-05-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
damn, you just ruined my day

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, short run!

sammysusar
09-05-2005, 09:15 PM
texas is biggest

kerssens
09-05-2005, 09:16 PM
I like Texas toast.

Uethym
09-05-2005, 09:37 PM
About twice a year I have to drive from San Antonio to Baton Rouge and back. When you first enter Texas from the east on the 10, there's a sign that says something like, "El Paso -- 955 miles". Ouch.

09-06-2005, 04:08 AM
Wanna piss off a Texan? Tell him he's from the 'South'.

09-06-2005, 06:52 AM
My favorite part of my home state is Big Bend. Just awesome.

jason_t
09-06-2005, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
texas is biggest

[/ QUOTE ]

ysscky.

sammysusar
09-06-2005, 07:49 PM
yeah texas rules

djoyce003
09-06-2005, 08:07 PM
yeah one of my favorite signs is in San Antonio when you are getting on I-10 there is a sign that says something really depressing like El Paso - 610 miles. Remember, San Antonio is about in the middle of the state from east to west if you are on I-10....god that's a depressing sign if you are driving there.