PDA

View Full Version : Geez (no content)

09-05-2005, 06:15 AM
I was fish food tonight. I lost 75 BB playing 3/6 stud high on party. People were calling me down with ace high or no real draw (read inside str8 with 2 cards dead) and then catching 6th street and/or the river. And 4 flush on 4th street didn't get there once out of the 5 times I had it. Just venting a little bit, was very frusterating.

bigredlemon
09-05-2005, 06:24 AM
that's why they say poker is a hard way of making an easy living. When you're hitting cards, life is great. When your monsters are getting outdrawn, it really, really sucks. What seperates a good poker player from a bad one is not how smart a person is, but how capable that player is at handling downswings.

MrBlueNose
09-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Join the club /images/graemlins/smile.gif 250 BB downswing ATM over last two days, and it came at the worst time as I was just about to move up levels. Oh well.

big show
09-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Ray Zee mentions that he usually stops after a loss of 50 BB in a single session. This has been a good rule for me to avoid big losses. This gives you the chance to evaluate if you truly have "the best of it."

09-05-2005, 06:37 PM
I feel I was still making good decisions so I don't think I should have quit at any point. I never let the losses stop me from being aggressive when I figured to have the best of it either. Thanks for the advice.

perfecto
09-06-2005, 05:52 PM
That's a huge loss at any level. The first thing you lose when things are going bad is the ability to judge the quality of your decisions. Bad decisions naturally follow.

09-06-2005, 06:42 PM
I insta-tilt sometimes. By that I mean that I tilt for 1 hand after a bad beat and then its over. I don't do it every time. Actually, I don't do it unless its a string of bad beats, and even then its over after one hand.