PDA

View Full Version : Time/Life Collection of Country Music Superstars

whiskeytown
09-05-2005, 05:35 AM
I've seen the infomercial for this with Kenny Rogers and some lady pitching this product

records they sell (http://www.timelife.com/superstars)

and it's like, basically 60's to 80's popular Country music -

and it's got a couple guys you aren't ashamed of in it, like Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard, but also a few most of us wouldn't brag about, like, oh, Statler Brothers and Lee Greenwood.

but here's the thing, I heard all these songs when I was a kid, right, cause this was my mom's and dad's music. And why it doesn't exactly bring back specific memories, it triggers something there in the synapses that I like to hear now 20 years again.

In short, because I grew up with this music, I now wish to enjoy it, whereas as a kid I wouldn't and probably shouldn't.

So I'm gonna buy it - I have no idea why "You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma" makes me smile and gives me a cheesy feeling/memory, but it does. So that's cool.

Oh yah, this is some good [censored] I'm smoking /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

daveymck
09-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Over here all the Time Life stuff is more expensive than similar non time life compilations in a normal store with the same songs on it.

Stragely I have no desire to listen to my parents John Denver and other crap but thats just me.