PDA

View Full Version : Waking Life

okayplayer
09-05-2005, 04:00 AM
Ok, so I just got done watching this movie, and I was half drunk/half tired, but it seemed pretty deep. Anyone seen this want to discuss?...

I plan on watching it again, fully cognitive, so when I get back I can join the discussion (hopefully).

smokingrobot
09-05-2005, 04:03 AM
it puts forth multiple philosophies concerning existence/consciousness in both day to day and comprehensive thought.

one sentence sum up.

the side story is the dude cant tell if he's awake or asleep while he goes through this odd sort of coming of age (except age ='s understanding) story.

really well done and interesting.

chuddo
09-05-2005, 04:03 AM
ive seen it a ton and enjoy it.

i am pretty sure i have a pretty good understanding of each of the vignettes, so if there is anything you want to discuss post away.

imported_CaseClosed326
09-05-2005, 04:04 AM
I watched about half of it. I had to leave my friend's house. I could not stand it. I thought it was boring.

send_the_msg
09-05-2005, 05:23 AM
i own this movie. i really enjoy certain scenes, although i can see why some people would find some of it boring. kinda plays like "sophie's world" only in movie format. who remembers reading that book in high school? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KaneKungFu123
09-05-2005, 05:54 AM
i love this movie because you can just put it on and watch any scene at anytime its hard to watch from beginning to end though. the animation can give me a headache sometimes.

people i know who have done acid claim the whole thing is an acid trip from the way the animation is done, but i dont know.

Transference
09-05-2005, 06:18 AM
The first time I saw it I was a bit dissapointed, seemed a bit tedious. I watched it a few more times while doing other stuff and it just became very very infectious. It's really very haunting in a way. I think the combination of graphics, music, acting and ideas pretty much inevitably grab someone at least once during this film.

wheelz
09-05-2005, 06:20 AM
I couldn't sit through the whole thing. I think one day I'll try again while stoned