PDA

View Full Version : Shortstack strategy Post-lvl 4?

09-05-2005, 03:46 AM
I've been playing a few Party 10+1 SNGs here and there and have basically been following the usual tight/crazy aggressive strategy, but the biggest problem I've encountered is being short stacked when the table reaches 5 players or bubble. This puts me at around 4-5X BB, with not enough time to be as tight as I want to be. What hands should I go in (and push) with? Usually, the blinds just eat away at me until I have no choice but to go in with mediocre or dominated hands. /images/graemlins/frown.gif
Any suggestions? I'm thinking AX, KX, QX?

Scuba Chuck
09-05-2005, 04:31 AM
If you're getting to this point frequently because you're being patient, there is a flaw in your strategy. In fact, once you fall below 7BBs, 7 handed, you need to change your TAG approach to something much more laggier from the CO in (if first to act).

To your question. Pushing most Ax hands, or any two broadway, which is generally also suggested for earlier blind steals, and tend to hold up well if called, is the correct approach. I don't care for Kx or Qx, unless x is a pretty card.

09-05-2005, 06:18 AM
Once you're down to <4 BB's you should push a lot of hands.

Do you guys ever push w/ suited connectors? SnG PowerTools always includes them when you have a wide push range.

se2schul
09-05-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys ever push w/ suited connectors? SnG PowerTools always includes them when you have a wide push range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. Sometimes I don't even look at my cards when pushing.