PDA

View Full Version : Give Me Some Gossip

09-05-2005, 03:31 AM
I always here people say things like "Well, in the long run players like that will go broke", refering to players who many believe are good

Anyone have some recent examples?

JTrout
09-05-2005, 06:46 AM
There was this guy at my golf course, who offered,

" yeah, me and a buddy tried that internet poker one night. We each put in a $100. And we ran it up to $1,200. But by the time we quit, we both were hooked for $500."

It ain't what you're looking for, but it's all I got /images/graemlins/grin.gif

whiskeytown
09-05-2005, 06:54 AM
rumors were for a while that Gus Hansen was about 4 Mil. in the red after running up too much credit in the Big Game with Doyle - and before the WSOP he was trying to rebuild the bankroll playing professional backgammon again in Europe -

that's pretty innerestin...

RB

jakethebake
09-05-2005, 09:42 AM
My Uncle Eugene.

jokerthief
09-05-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rumors were for a while that Gus Hansen was about 4 Mil. in the red after running up too much credit in the Big Game with Doyle - and before the WSOP he was trying to rebuild the bankroll playing professional backgammon again in Europe -

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I would believe it, have you ever seen him play on Stars? Fish.

cwsiggy
09-05-2005, 02:59 PM
I think in a recent interview, Doyle said rumours of Gus being broke are not true. I think he even said he made it all back.

Pov
09-05-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think in a recent interview, Doyle said rumours of Gus being broke are not true. I think he even said he made it all back.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many reasons he would say this whether it were true or not.

cwsiggy
09-05-2005, 03:25 PM
True. Who knows.....

Bartman387
09-05-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the most proof anyone could come up with was that Gus hadn't shaved so he must be hurting.

J.A.Sucker
09-05-2005, 04:10 PM
I heard that El Diablo is thinking about moving to NYC because the panhandlers have a union there.

DcifrThs
09-05-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard that El Diablo is thinking about moving to NYC because the panhandlers have a union there.

[/ QUOTE ]

any word as to what he's doing there, seeing as how he spends his days near 2 WFC?

Barron

snakehead
09-05-2005, 11:12 PM
it's kind of hard to dish with you guys when the only players you know are online or on tv, but here's a couple:

what well known player was just released from a mexican jail after serving about 4 months on drug charges? hint: he's about 60 years old, and if zee is reading, his initials are th. even if I told you his name, most of you still wouldn't know who he is.

a couple of weeks ago on live at the bike, there was a game with yosh, tuan, timmy, jerry, bobby, frank, and a couple of others I don't remember or am leaving out on purpose. which one of them hit the larry game so hard a couple of years ago that he went out and bought a million dollar house for cash?

James282
09-06-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's kind of hard to dish with you guys when the only players you know are online or on tv, but here's a couple:

what well known player was just released from a mexican jail after serving about 4 months on drug charges? hint: he's about 60 years old, and if zee is reading, his initials are th. even if I told you his name, most of you still wouldn't know who he is.

a couple of weeks ago on live at the bike, there was a game with yosh, tuan, timmy, jerry, bobby, frank, and a couple of others I don't remember or am leaving out on purpose. which one of them hit the larry game so hard a couple of years ago that he went out and bought a million dollar house for cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is pretty good gossip! I need to start meeting these commerce high limit types.
-James

J.A.Sucker
09-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Nice!

As for your quiz, I have two guesses, but don't know which one it is.