PDA

View Full Version : River plan

09-05-2005, 01:16 AM
No read on villain, he's new to the table. The river counterfeited my 2-pair. Just curious if you all think this would be a bet/fold, check/call, check/fold, etc. plan on this. I can't see what he'd call with that I beat (since now any J, 6, or probably another 5 beats me), so is this a pretty easy check/fold at this point. Thanks in advance.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?????

GTSamIAm
09-05-2005, 01:21 AM
I'm either bet/folding or check/calling depending on the player. You have to consider the chance he was on a draw. I could see him calling the flop and turn with overcards to the 6 or a straight draw.

09-05-2005, 01:39 AM
That's what I was thinking. Maybe a check/call in case he wants to bluff at the many many scare cards but obviously isn't going to call w/ a busted draw?? The pot is small, so does that teeter it to a check/fold as well??

tyler_cracker
09-05-2005, 01:42 AM
Check-call. If villain was on a draw, he's not calling a bet. If he has a 6 he's raising. A J is not folding. Let's show our hand down.

Edit: Also, i expect to see a weak J or a PP or a 6 a lot of the time, but i think we're good 1 in 6 times if villain does bet.

adsman
09-05-2005, 02:33 AM
I check-call this. By the way, if you leave the hero coloured red then we know that you bet, even if you put 100 '?'s after it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-05-2005, 03:43 AM
aw, IC, thx. I bet, he raised and I folded, I'll check/call in similar situations in the future, although I think I would have gotten the same result this time either way, although I would have at least liked to have seen what he had.

thesharpie
09-05-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I check-call this. By the way, if you leave the hero coloured red then we know that you bet, even if you put 100 '?'s after it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or next time put the same Hero??? in red when you actually checked to vary your play. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

thesharpie
09-05-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
aw, IC, thx. I bet, he raised and I folded, I'll check/call in similar situations in the future, although I think I would have gotten the same result this time either way, although I would have at least liked to have seen what he had.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check call in similar situations, ie there is more value in getting a busted draw to bluff, or a better kicker (or even pocket pair) to check behind, or to not get bluffed off the best hand (unlikely), than getting worse hands to call.

bjarne
09-05-2005, 04:13 AM
I'd check/call river.

I'm thinking a bit about the flop though.

It's hard to protect this hand on the flop and waiting for the turn might be an alternative. i.e. check/call the flop. There is a similar hand example in SSHE with a two pair in SSHE made up from the two lowest cards on the board.

Then, if a safe card comes, check raise the turn (or bet out if everyone checks the flop).

thesharpie
09-05-2005, 04:21 AM
We bet the flop for value. There's no guarantee anyone's betting it. Besides we do protect our hand from gutshots, overcards, some pairs, and backdoor draws.