PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what to do better because what I did sure wasnt right

HighestCard
09-05-2005, 12:55 AM
I need to know how to play this better...any/all comments appreciated. Im pretty much questioning every move I made here, should I have raised pre flop more?, I think flop bet was standard? (I think), and pushing was probably the worst idea on the turn but you tell me.

Oh yeah, no reads eather... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

No converter for pokerroom yet..

No-limit Texas Hold'em $20+$2 (real money), #1,236,304,093
Fort Bragg Single Table Tournament, 4 Sep 2005 11:40 PM ET

Seat 1: IanColee ($1,450 in chips)
Seat 2: HERO [ AS,AH ] ($1,695 in chips)
Seat 3: sunshinethm ($1,170 in chips)
Seat 4: PurplePirate ($1,700 in chips)
Seat 5: loandoctorx ($510 in chips)
Seat 6: grand2220 ($1,815 in chips)
Seat 7: the-reader ($540 in chips)
Seat 8: assante ($2,185 in chips)
Seat 9: bagadonuts21 ($2,585 in chips)
Seat 10: tomlzzz ($1,350 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
PurplePirate posts blind ($15), loandoctorx posts blind ($30).

PRE-FLOP
grand2220 folds, the-reader calls $30, assante calls $30, bagadonuts21 folds, tomlzzz calls $30, IanColee folds, HERO bets $150 , sunshinethm calls $150, PurplePirate folds, loandoctorx folds, the-reader calls $120, assante calls $120, tomlzzz folds.

FLOP
the-reader checks, assante bets $30, [b]HERO bets $400 , sunshinethm calls $400, the-reader folds, assante calls $370.

TURN
assante checks, [b]HERO bets $1,145 and is all-in , sunshinethm calls $620 and is all-in, assante folds.

RIVER [board cards 10S,6S,10C,KS,10H ]

Results in white: <font color="white">
SHOWDOWN
HERO shows [ AS,AH ]
sunshinethm shows [ 6D,6C ]
HERO wins $525, HERO wins $3,115. Thank you, luckbox
</font>

splashpot
09-05-2005, 12:58 AM
After they call your huge raise on the flop, I'd be very suspicious. I'd think somone had a T.

HighestCard
09-05-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After they call your huge raise on the flop, I'd be very suspicious. I'd think somone had a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the raise was a little less than 2/3 the pot and I was prepared to fold to any push here. I believed that any 10 would push because of the flush draw.

splashpot
09-05-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, the raise was a little less than 2/3 the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most bad players think of raises in terms of times original bet, not percent of the pot. I know it's incorrect, but I think that's how most people at these 22's think.

splashpot
09-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Also, if you didn't put them on a ten, what did you put them on? A flush draw would have just hit his hand. I can't think of anything else worse than your AA that would have called your flop bet.

HighestCard
09-05-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you didn't put them on a ten, what did you put them on? A flush draw would have just hit his hand. I can't think of anything else worse than your AA that would have called your flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the reasons I posted this, I should of put more thought into the push though, so this is turning into a halfway stupid post. I can see JJ QQ KK, and yes AK because people love calling with two overs, dont ask me why.

I uh, pushed because I represented the boat?? and they are just so darn smart they can lay down their flush if they made it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Honestly, I think made the ultimate noob mistake by not being able to lay down my aces on the turn, so I guess I figured out the best line myself. Thanks for pointing me in the direction.

KJL
09-05-2005, 01:16 AM
I think you could have raised a little more preflop maybe 180, but it really wouldn't have made a difference. It was a pretty bad call, in my opinion by pocket sixes, but he had good implied odds. After he calls your raise on the flop you should be worried, and with 2 oppenents, I am almost sure someone has a ten or better. He has basically called off half his stack, even after all the action preflop, which also worries me. I think I bet smaller on the turn and probably fold to a big raise here. That being said, your all-in wasn't terrible, because it will probably get trips to fold, and idk how you can put him on 66 here.

splashpot
09-05-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can see JJ QQ KK, and yes AK because people love calling with two overs, dont ask me why.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe for one of the callers, yes. But the second call? He sees a big raise and a call. I don't see him calling after that unless he has trips or better.