PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure this question has been asked a MILLION times...

Landon_McFly
09-05-2005, 12:48 AM
I did use the search feature (Maybe not correctly)but here goes...

ahem...

Are SNG's more profitable than LHE ring games?

And yes, i know that's a pretty general question for the fact that everyone has their niche, but I was wondering if there's anyone who has played both and how they feel about this.

illunious
09-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Comparing 10+1s to $25 NL and .5/1, all of which I've played at least 30k hands of, and require a ~$300 bankroll, 10+1s win for hourly rate, variance is close for 10+1 and .5/1, both are much lower than $25 NL.

That said, when I recommend a game for a newbie to play, it's micro limit holdem. Leaks at limit are going to much much less costly than NL ring or SNGS.

bawcerelli
09-05-2005, 12:54 AM
limit ring can become a bit more monotonous. there is supposedly less variance in sng's. you can multitable more sng's than rings (again, supposedely).

splashpot
09-05-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
imit ring can become a bit more monotonous. there is supposedly less variance in sng's

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard the opposite is true. SNGs supposedly have very low variance. Relative to the other games of course.

BakyPT
09-05-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
imit ring can become a bit more monotonous. there is supposedly less variance in sng's

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard the opposite is true. SNGs supposedly have very low variance. Relative to the other games of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wrote or read wrong.

splashpot
09-05-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You wrote or read wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're saying that this post (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1479432&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1) is wrong?

chisness
09-05-2005, 02:56 AM
no, he's saying the poster said sngs have less variance and you're "countering" by agreeing

splashpot
09-05-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no, he's saying the poster said sngs have less variance and you're "countering" by agreeing

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh, I see. I did in fact read the post wrong.