PDA

View Full Version : Yay

bicyclekick
09-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Just qualified for the PPM5 via the 250 nl semi. W00t. So nerveracking. wow it's no wonder i dont play tourneys. I'm just so pumped up. Can't wait for the cruise.

BottlesOf
09-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Congrats and good luck.

TexArcher
09-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Congrats! Kick some ass...

Edge34
09-05-2005, 01:59 AM
I can't imagine much being more nervewracking than going deep in a WSOP event, but hey, what do I know?

Kick some ass BK.

bicyclekick
09-05-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine much being more nervewracking than going deep in a WSOP event, but hey, what do I know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that was nerveracking...sure. I think this was more nerveracking was because of the difference in tournament structures. This one was a "you need to get top 10 or you get nothing" no limit tourney while the other was a relatively slow "I'm hear for the experiance and hey I hope this is a TV tourney cause I'd like to be on TV and if I walk away with some money sweet" kind of a deal.

I guess they were both pretty similar as far as how nervewracking they were. I'm sure the ppmV will be nervewracking too. At least it's a limit tournament. I think i stand a much better chance...like WORLDS better.

Notorious G.O.B.
09-05-2005, 04:06 AM
You going to play at the fall poker classic this year, bike?

goofball
09-05-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just qualified for the PPM5 via the 250 nl semi. W00t. So nerveracking. wow it's no wonder i dont play tourneys. I'm just so pumped up. Can't wait for the cruise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so [censored] awesome! Based on my experience last year I'm going to try very very hard to qualify this year.

bicyclekick
09-05-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You going to play at the fall poker classic this year, bike?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only am I going to play, I'm going to win the main event, along with player of the year. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

sublime
09-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Good job and good luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif

as always, I envy you /images/graemlins/blush.gif

SA125
09-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Good job. Good luck. Kick some a**.

Bob T.
09-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Congrats, see you at the final table, I Q'ed on friday.

Equal
09-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Congrats BK. I was on this year's cruise and let me say it was incredible. The ship, the ports, the poker, the players, all awesome!

ZeroGravitas
09-08-2005, 03:53 AM
From the title, I thought this post was going to be a cautionary tale about spending your entire bankroll on cocaine.

MicroBob
09-08-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It's so [censored] awesome! Based on my experience last year I'm going to try very very hard to qualify this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. without a doubt.

I played all 4 semi-finals last weekend and closest I came was 16th (paid out to top 7).

Also finished 4th in a UB Aruba satellite where the top 2 went. I was chip-leader for much of the tourney so that one kind of stung.

not too frustrated though.
I know I was a total luck-box to win my WSOP seat this year...so a couple of frustrating close-calls kind of evens the score a bit.

Giving up on Aruba (the dates aren't too great for me).
Still REALLY working on the PPM cruise.

Didn't know that BikeKick went deep at a WSOP event.
Details or link??

If BicycleKick or others are interested....some not-THAT-exciting pics and a brief-ish summary from our experience on last year's PPM cruise are on my blog in the archives under April 24.

Other notes -
I noticed in cardplayer magazine that they have the cruise listed as Cozumel and Cayman Isls. So I'm guessing it leaves from Miami (did you get any details on this when you qualified BicycleKick...can't find anything on the party website yet).
This is obviously on the Caribbean side of Mexico whereas last year left from SD and went to Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.

My GF had the freaking time of her life on the cruise even though she knows ZERO about poker.
I was concerned that all the poker around would be too overwhelming and strange to her...but laying out in the sun on the deck and drinking some fruity thing with a little umbrella in it was plenty dreamy for her even if every conversation taking place at EVERY table near us at breakfast was about 'rigged flops' and 'cash-out curses'.

stigmata
09-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I've had a couple of cracks but no luck yet. I'm thinking of entering all 4 October semi's.

I would be much more excited about the PPM than the WSOP in many ways -- 1) It's on a cruise ship 2) It's limit Hold 'em 3) Smaller field

The problem I have is lack of rakeback at party. I need to play quite a bit there to get the point things /images/graemlins/frown.gif I was clueless during my first semi and started with a third of everyones stack....

Any better ideas anyone?

La Brujita
09-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Congrats, gl in the tourney.

MD2020
09-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Congratulations!

I won a freeroll into the 250+20 Semi tourney, and I'll take my shot in November. I know I'm a super long shot, but since this is just costing me $5 (won two SNGs to get the freeroll), it's been well worth it.

I have absolutely no dreams of winning the PPM V; I'd would just like the cruise!

bicyclekick
09-08-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Didn't know that BikeKick went deep at a WSOP event.
Details or link??

[/ QUOTE ]

During the big vegas 2+2 thingy the reason I couldn't make it is I was playing the $2500 WSOP limit tourney. Ended up cashing in 12th of 374 for about 10k. KInd of a weak prize but I was there for the fun/experiance of it anyhow.

bdk3clash
09-08-2005, 10:55 PM
It's nice to finally see you run good.

(Congrats.)

Subfallen
09-09-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's nice to finally see you run good.

(Congrats.)

[/ QUOTE ]