PDA

View Full Version : $10+1 Scale of 1 to 10, how bad was this?

bawcerelli
09-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Villain was above average. How should I have handled the turn?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t60 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1190)
MP (t7450)
Hero (t2265)
Button (t895)
SB (t2015)
BB (t1185)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t60, Hero calls t60, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t240) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t240</font>, BB folds, MP folds, Hero pushes (converter says i folded).

illunious
09-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Failing to raise preflop is by far the biggest mistake.

You have to raise the flop... all in or something like 3x planning to fold to a push are your only options, reads or stats on villain decide it for me.

I consider calling a very passive villain, but you said he was above average.

nortonmalc
09-05-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Failing to raise preflop is by far the biggest mistake.

You have to raise the flop... all in or something like 3x planning to fold to a push are your only options, reads or stats on villain decide it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing all-in on an unraised pot with blinds still only 30/60 seems quite extreme. Make a standard raise of 3-4X the BB and find out who's willing to hang around.

ClaytonN
09-05-2005, 01:33 AM
1) raise preflop

this makes flop easier to handle. but pushing with TPJK in that spot in an unraised flop when the guy first to act pots it rates at about an 8 out of 10 on the bad play scale.

bawcerelli
09-05-2005, 01:48 AM
The reason i limped is b/c

A- Big stack was EXTREMELY aggressive. Had I raised it up, he was liable to put me all in preflop. He had previously limped with AA and QQ. (edit - big stack was a very good player, played very well postflop. i kind of got the feeling he was a 55 or 109 player dropping down to take out some aggression on us weaklings)

B- blinds were still low. 90 chips wasn't really something to get excited about. especially considering the high likelyhood of getting reraised prelop by big stack.

C- hoping to conceal strenght of my hand. big stack was coming over the top of everyone post flop. hoping to hit a monster and double up.

The real reasons I think this play was so horrible was because one of the players (UTG) was out, and stayed out until blinded away. Plus i was second in chips, the other players besides villain were pretty weak. It was an easy ITM without going up against another big stack. I was hoping he'd fold to my push, but he actually called with AQ. I got decimated, managed to claw back, and actually took second. /images/graemlins/smile.gif overall though, i rate this a 9 out of 10 on the bad scale.

tigerite
09-05-2005, 05:48 AM
Push is unnecessary - check/call all the way down unless he bets so much you believe you are beaten. Nothing particularly wrong with limping PF, by the way, AJ is a tricky hand to play at the best of times, without bloating the pot.

Pudge714
09-05-2005, 10:39 AM
I don't plays the tens, but wouldn't a lot of people in the tens call that push with any ace, if so you are very likely to double up, and become a massive chip leader, if my estimate on play in the tens is way off then so is my response, but you could you give me some sort of response.