PDA

View Full Version : Locked thread question

Evan
09-04-2005, 09:45 PM
I was just curious why the OOT thread about the ugliest girl you'd hook up with was locked. Nothing in there struck me as offensive, was it the fact that gorie's pic was posted?

wacki
09-05-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
was it the fact that gorie's pic was posted?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a good thread until Pizowned (sp?) did his attack on gorie. I was very close to making a thread here about his posts.

If any action should be taken a PM should be sent to Pizowned, his posts deleted, and the thread left unlocked as long as the pictures are of random people on the internet.

Just my opinion.

Mat Sklansky
09-05-2005, 11:30 AM
It crosses aline of respect in the same way that it did when people started a thread about the ugliest poker players.

wacki
09-05-2005, 08:09 PM
I guess I'm trying to figure out where that line is. I firmly agree with not insulting the looks of fellow posters/poker players. I mean those people frequent these boards. However, if they are posting pics from uglypeople.com is that bad?

Evan
09-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I guess I just figured that since gorie posted that picture of herself on her own that it was sort of open for public scrutiny. I wouldn't expect a thread making fun of me for being young/short with a picture to be locked. I guess it is different, maybe...I don't know.

Not my forum though. Just curious.

wacki
09-07-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess it is different, maybe...I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you seem like you can take it. You also have a lot going for you. Gorie isn't good at poker, isn't happy with life in general, and doesn't like herself very much. Picking on the strong is one thing, picking on the weak for no purpose other than to be mean is just wrong IMO. Also, most of the people that tease you actually like and respect you. I don't think this is the case with gorie.

BottlesOf
09-07-2005, 03:53 PM
I would like to go on the record as someone who neither likes nor respects Evan.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Evan
09-07-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess it is different, maybe...I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you seem like you can take it. You also have a lot going for you. Gorie isn't good at poker, isn't happy with life in general, and doesn't like herself very much. Picking on the strong is one thing, picking on the weak for no purpose other than to be mean is just wrong IMO. Also, most of the people that tease you actually like and respect you. I don't think this is the case with gorie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, well I should say that I really don't know much of what's going on with OOT politics. I thought gorie was the new OOT it girl that replaced pokerjo. Anyway, curiosity satisfied.