PDA

View Full Version : Turn checkraise w/ top pair

Ulysses
04-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Great 15-30 game. Lots of very loose callers. Player to my left is one of the more aggressive players in the game.

3 limpers. I complete SB w/ KdJd. BB checks.

Flop 259, two hearts and one diamond - BB bets. All 3 limpers call. With two overcards and some backdoors, I call. Good or bad?

Turn 259J, two hearts - I check. BB bets. 3 limpers call. I checkraise. BB calls. 1 limper folds. Other 2 call. Thoughts on the checkraise?

River 259JQ, three hearts - Suggestions?

AceHigh
04-21-2003, 11:51 PM
Flop, call is marginal, but I think OK.

On the turn I would lead if I thought there was a decent chance the BB would raise. I wouldn't mind knocking out most of my opponents. If not, check/raise is better.

River, I think I would check, since you are out of position.

andyfox
04-22-2003, 12:40 AM
"Suggestions?"

Ask them if they want to chop.

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

mike l.
04-22-2003, 01:22 AM
"River 259JQ, three hearts - Suggestions?"

check-fold. this is one of the worst cards for your hand.

and you shouldve folded on the flop. if it had been raised preflop (another play you shouldve definitely considered to punish them if they were coming in w/ all sorts of junk) then depending on who the raiser was you might have a good call preflop closing the action. but w/ no raise preflop, and the fact that hands like J9o and K9o make sense youre drawing too thin relative the pot size i think to peel one off here on the flop.

elysium
04-22-2003, 03:51 AM
hi ulysses
it's probably o.k. to call here because your action closes out the round of betting, but....no ulysses, actually you need to bet out here, hope to get raised by your immediate left, and then of course get this thing heads up. no, no; never call when you have an aggressive like that on your left who will drive out the opponents for you, especially with a draw on board. and if you were forced to check to see what develops with your 4 outer, you would never call here.

Ulysses
04-22-2003, 05:22 PM
I checked the river and was surprised when it got checked all the way through. My hand was good. But I'm not sure if I like much of anything about this hand besides the chip-stacking at the end.