PDA

View Full Version : THE WAR IS OVER

Zeno
04-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Why is this meaningless war post going on and on and on and on? Must everyone continue with every little disputed detail about the war and pour over every tidbit of minutia and argument no matter how inane? Why all the childish posturing and pedantic gibberish? And this choosing up sides like it was some first-grade softball game is more pathetic than amusing.

A quick war is over and a few thousand people killed, one of the cleanest wars in history that toppled a regime and we have all this endless bickering.

Ok, now - let’s start the debate all over again from the top. You have only gone over it 10 or 20 times before.

Ready, Set……………GO!

Le Misanthrope

Dynasty
04-21-2003, 09:43 PM
A quick war is over and a few thousand people killed, one of the cleanest wars in history

I'd be surprised if the # of dead Iraqis was less than 100,000.

Cyrus
04-21-2003, 11:13 PM
"I'd be surprised if the # of dead Iraqis was less than 100,000."

OK, but let's not dwell too much on it.

Let's move on! (hand me the remote)

andyfox
04-22-2003, 12:37 AM
The right-wingers won't let it go. And I don't mean here. Listen to the radio, or watch Fox News and there they are, the Limbaughs, Hannitys, Elders, etc., spending every hour or every day telling us how unpatriotic, how stupid, how evil, and how foolish those who disagreed with them are.

You're either with us or against us.

Jimbo
04-22-2003, 10:31 AM
"The right-wingers won't let it go." Funniest thing you have ever written Andy, keep up the good work! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

John Cole
04-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Does this mean I can stop supporting the troops?

John

PS. In 1st grade, it's kickball.

andyfox
04-22-2003, 01:12 PM
But I'm nowhere near as funny as they are.

Zeno
04-22-2003, 03:30 PM
Supporting the troops is a personal choice, in my opinion. Thanks for the correction on the 1st grade gaff. In thinking back, it was third or fourth grade before we played any softball at recess.

-Zeno

Zeno
04-22-2003, 03:39 PM
" the Limbaughs, Hannitys, Elders, etc.,"

These blowhards are not worth your time, Andy.

(I assume they are all blowhards as I have only listened to Rush a few times on the radio; I have no idea who this Hannity or Elder are, or care for that matter.)

-Zeno

John Cole
04-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Zeno,

I was attempting irony on both counts, perhaps a somewhat ill-fated attempt. I did, though, hear an interview with a British woman, vehemently anti-war and anti-Blair, and when asked if she supported the troops, she said, "I think they should be tried as war crimminals." Can't recall any Americans making that claim.

Of course, I somehow doubt the troops would have been, or are, affected by my support or lack thereof.

John

Zeno
04-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Dear John,

There is just too much irony all the way around. So the engagement is off. We can still be friends though.

Yours Truly,

Zeno

PS I hope this ends the thread;I can't take it much further. Nor would I want to.