PDA

View Full Version : who makes this fold?

casper
04-21-2003, 07:29 PM
I was in late position in a seven handed 10-20 game, all the action players had long since busted out and I'm sitting with the rocks. This is ok with me because the rocks don't defend their blinds without a top shelf hand. I help myself to about an hour of blinds before I get a caller. Still 7 handed I'm in the CO w/ cowboys, all fold to me, I raise, because a limp would look very strange from me, and the BB calls. Flop comes 4c Kc 8x. BB bets. BB is a rock amoung rocks, so there are very few hands I can put him on. He has to have a set, two pair, or AK, thats about as long as the list could be. I raise to make it look like I want a free card and he three bets. I call so I can put in an extra bet on the turn. Turn brings the Ac and he bets out, I have him on AK or a set, but don't see any way he could have a club, much less two so I raise him. He calls and the river brings a fourth club. I stick with my read and bet and he mucks AdAh face up. He's a nice enough old rock so I just say "nice fold" and drag the pot. Would anyone else fold in this situation? I can't imagine that you're making money folding top set heads up, even with a four flush on the board.

casper the friendly post(er)

astroglide
04-21-2003, 10:11 PM
i could make this fold about 1 out of every 100 times this situation occured, under optimal conditions with an optimal opponent.

to think of all the dumb bets i've wasted in my life on the turn or river, the dumbest have to be losing the entire pot for 1 bet with a great hand.