PDA

View Full Version : How and How Much Time Do You Find to Play?

unome
04-21-2003, 07:26 PM
New poster here at 2+2 and thought it was about time I join the fun.

My questions are fairly simple ones for anyone who plays seriously on a weekly basis (online especially.)
*Do you have a job and if so, how much time per week does that job demand?
*How many hours do you play poker per week?
*assuming you are a winning player, what is your hourly take at this point? and at what point would you deem it "not worth playing so much/at all"?

I love playing (on line mostly), and I feel that I'm at a crossroads of sorts in determining exactly how serious I am about playing (i.e. 2nd job, profitable hobby or something else.) Thanks in advance for the input!

Fitz
04-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Welcome to 2+2; this is the best place in the world for a new player. I have a rather unique situation; I work at home. My work week is an average of 40-45 hours a week, but I often have a little down time during the day, so I can play a few hands. I probably average 20-25 hours a week. Over the last 1600 hours, I've averaged right at one big bet an hour. I love to play, so as long as I can have a positive expectation, I can still have a life away from poker, and it's still fun, I'll keep playing. I have no desire to play professionally. I look at poker as a profitable hobby; it pays for some of the toys I would really like to have. I hope to keep improving my game, and move up in limits so the toys become even nicer.

Good luck,