PDA

View Full Version : For those who do not smoke....

LethalRose
09-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Can you date someone who does?

I cant stand to even think about dating someone who smokes. But I never actually have either. I've never smoked in my life, is it really that bad as a non smoker to date a smoker?

I miss out on a lot of opportunities to date great girls because they smoke, im thinking of just removing that rule from my list.

Thoughts?

utmt40
09-04-2005, 07:46 PM
No.

Voltron87
09-04-2005, 07:46 PM
im a nonsmoker, and i cant stand smoke. ive never dated a smoker, and ive never hooked up/had sex with one. casual smoking doesnt count. i dont plan on changing it, its a disgusting habit.

rusellmj
09-04-2005, 07:47 PM
No thanks.

LethalRose
09-04-2005, 07:47 PM
doesnt the amount they smoke matter? I know a few girls who only smoke when they drink, which is seldom. Thoughts on that?

mslif
09-04-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I cant stand to even think about dating someone who smokes. But I never actually have either. I've never smoked in my life, is it really that bad as a non smoker to date a smoker?

I miss out on a lot of opportunities to date great girls because they smoke, im thinking of just removing that rule from my list.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to kiss a girl who smokes and see if it really bothers you that much. I don't smoke but I would consider dating someone who would, I think........ Not sure though. Damn I am so undecisive!

Chairman Wood
09-04-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. First of all, I have tons of other problems, addictions and weird things I do that I'm sure make up for her smoking. Also, the few girls I've dated that do smoke all were trying to quit or really cutting down. Basically they would smoke whenever we would go out to the bar but that is about it. It also is more forgivable if they are really hot and really good in bed.

Bluffoon
09-04-2005, 07:57 PM
I smoked for 20 years and quit like five years ago. For two years my girlfriend was a smoker. She quit six months ago. Some times it bothered me but it was a minor annoyance at best. I am glad she quit but I wouldnt dump her for smoking.

Nobody is perfect and I think that if you can find a good woman a flaw like smoking is something you can overlook.

LethalRose
09-04-2005, 08:03 PM
well, seeing as though I can barely stand around someone who smokes if I kissed a girl right after she had been smoking id probably throw up. Plus people who smoke generally have bad teeth.

mslif
09-04-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well, seeing as though I can barely stand around someone who smokes if I kissed a girl right after she had been smoking id probably throw up. Plus people who smoke generally have bad teeth.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why would you even consider changing your rule then? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

LethalRose
09-04-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So why would you even consider changing your rule then? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

because I'am tired of meeting someone only to find out later they smoke. it pisses me off. all the good non smoking girls are taken, grr.

mslif
09-04-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because I'am tired of meeting someone only to find out later they smoke. it pisses me off. all the good non smoking girls are taken, grr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't mean you should settle for something you know you don't like. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rootabager
09-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Smokers are easier to score with. They are into more risky behavior which includes sex. But i couldnt date. But think about that when your out at the bar.

LethalRose
09-04-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Smokers are easier to score with. They are into more risky behavior which includes sex. But i couldnt date. But think about that when your out at the bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im past the "looking to score" phase.

mslif
09-04-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im past the "looking to score" phase.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought I would hear a man say that. Especially not on OOT.

gorie
09-04-2005, 08:30 PM
i wouldn't date anyone who smokes. but it wouldn't stop me from obsessing over them for being so cool.

Macdaddy Warsaw
09-04-2005, 08:30 PM
I dated a girl who might smoke one or two ciggarettes when she was drinking. I never actually saw her smoke a ciggarette though. That said, she did come back from having a smoke and I went to kiss her and she stopped me saying she had just been outside smoking. Being curious, I was like, let me kiss you anyway, I've never kissed a smoker.

It wasn't awful, but I don't know if it would be worse with someone who smoked more than 2 ciggarettes a week.

LethalRose
09-04-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dated a girl who might smoke one or two ciggarettes when she was drinking. I never actually saw her smoke a ciggarette though. That said, she did come back from having a smoke and I went to kiss her and she stopped me saying she had just been outside smoking. Being curious, I was like, let me kiss you anyway, I've never kissed a smoker.

It wasn't awful, but I don't know if it would be worse with someone who smoked more than 2 ciggarettes a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what i was looking for, gotta do it now.

webmonarch
09-04-2005, 08:44 PM
No, and if I think a certain someone is cute, and she puts one to her mouth I am almost instantly unattracted.

LethalRose
09-04-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, and if I think a certain someone is cute, and she puts one to her mouth I am almost instantly unattracted.

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I, usually. Some girls can quickly make you forget...

wateronrock
09-04-2005, 08:55 PM
The smoking itself is bad enough, then factor in everything else it says about that person. Compulsive,unhealthy,insecure... it ain't pretty.

I just don't get it? It's hard for me to respect smokers.

LethalRose
09-04-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The smoking itself is bad enough, then factor in everything else it says about that person. Compulsive,unhealthy,insecure... it ain't pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a lot of girls who smoke who have awesome bodies and are athletic, smart, awesome to be around. I dont get it...

SackUp
09-04-2005, 09:19 PM
ya i can't stand smoking. I've dated a girl who would come back from a night of drinking and she would smell like smoke and it sucked. Smelling her hair was the worst. It is just major turn off for me. It wasn't that bad as it was once in a blue moon that it would happen, but anymore than that and I don't think I could or would even want to hang.

Dave G.
09-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Nope. Smoking is a huge turnoff. Don't lower your standards unless you want to stink like smoke all the time from hanging around her, or wish to enjoy the taste of an ashtray when you kiss her.

Bleuch.

LethalRose
09-04-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I never thought I would hear a man say that. Especially not on OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm...thanks?

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-04-2005, 09:58 PM
No.

kerssens
09-04-2005, 09:58 PM
sure

09-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Would you hit a hot smoker: yes
Would you date a hot smoker: yes, as long she doesnt smoke around me and until I find either: a) a hotter smoker
b) an equally hot or hotter non-smoker

oreogod
09-04-2005, 11:18 PM
I would easily. And when I asked her to stop smoking I hopes she tells me to go [censored] myself...because that would be cool and be kind of a turn on.

But in reality thats how I was, I just stopped like 2 months ago one day when the last pack i had ran out...I havent smoked in two months not for any high ideal (or the fact that my gf likes it) but just because I havent bought a pack since then. I like smoking, but have no urges to (and I had been smoking for three years). Weird. I think I underestimated my extreme laziness in all matters, guess it carried over to even this.

I dunno man, who cares. IF u like the girl and u cant get over it, ditch her. Move. Otherwise take a stab.

ThaSaltCracka
09-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I find chicks that smoke to be completely disgusting, regardless of how hot she is.

Eder
09-05-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Might wanna ask the girls that smoke if they would date a degenerate gambler.

jdl22
09-05-2005, 12:49 AM
If Salma Hayek smoked and was interested possibly I would. Otherwise it's no.

HopeydaFish
09-05-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, smokers are disgusting. I dated a few in high school because of "if she smokes, she pokes", but gave up smokers altogether in University. "It's like kissing an ashtray" pretty much sums it up. Plus smokers' clothes, homes, and cars reek of stale cigarettes, but they get so used to the smell that they don't notice it. Finally, smoking is such a short-sighted stupid thing to do that I don't find anyone who smokes attractive at all.

TheIrishThug
09-05-2005, 12:59 AM
smoking is a major turn off. there's no two ways about it.

HopeydaFish
09-05-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a lot of girls who smoke who have awesome bodies and are athletic, smart, awesome to be around. I dont get it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's almost like they're addicted or something. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

okayplayer
09-05-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

BusterStacks
09-05-2005, 06:07 AM
Let me just say this: I smoke a lot, and would not date a smoker.

But for all of you out there at bars around closing time: if she smokes, she pokes.

partygirluk
09-05-2005, 06:28 AM
I once slept with a girl who smokes. It was disgusting. Not the kissing, which was actually great, but when she lies down next to me I could smell her stinky breath and it really turned me off the job. Kicked her out eventually.

Jack of Arcades
09-05-2005, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me just say this: I smoke a lot, and would not date a smoker.

But for all of you out there at bars around closing time: if she smokes, she pokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goddammit you beat me to it.

trevorwc
09-05-2005, 08:16 AM
After hooking up once with a girl who smoked, I told myself I'd never do it again. It was absolutely disgusting, "kissing an ashtray" doesn't even describe it.

However, I'm now dating a girl who smokes occassionally. Maybe 1 or 2 a day, sometimes none. She knows I hate smoking and doesn't do it in front of me. I also told her I won't kiss her if she tastes like smoke - so she always chews gum or brushes her teeth right after she smokes so that I don't smell it. It doesn't bother me one bit.

However, could I date a one-pack-a-day smoker who doesn't ever try to cover it up? Hell no.

BeerMoney
09-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Girls that smoke, poke.

If they're not willing to take care of their bodies, what other things will they neglect.

Smoking is a slap in the face to all of those who wish to be healthy, but good health is out of their control. Instead, people waste $5 on a pack of cigarettes so they can have some instant gratification.

The Truth
09-05-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Girls that smoke, poke.

If they're not willing to take care of their bodies, what other things will they neglect.

Smoking is a slap in the face to all of those who wish to be healthy, but good health is out of their control. Instead, people waste $5 on a pack of cigarettes so they can have some instant gratification.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

if she smokes she fuc*s

I dont smoke, but I've hooked up with lots of girls that smoke.

Just tell her to brush her teeth, they will accomodate.