PDA

View Full Version : AQo TPTK

Bodhi
09-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

The button is semi-loose aggressive. He cold-calls too much with potentially dominated off-suit hands and can show a lot of flop aggression. The BB is weak-loose, only shows much aggression on the turn/river if he has a hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

The texture of the flop/turn reminds me of the AJs TPTK thread (mr. sharpie is the op I think), but here I had the A/images/graemlins/club.gif for the bdfd. In comparison the AJs hand, this TPTK is stronger because there is no 3-straight on the flop.

Turn: (10.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks...

davet
09-04-2005, 06:40 PM
What is your plan on the turn, a check- raise or check- fold. It is a given that no matter what the button has, they are going to bet out here, unless he thinks you have big slick and is trying to trap him. But that would imply that he is a thinking player, and I gather he isn't.

I would have to call a bet here with four firm outs and four outs to a possible split- pot. What is the likely hood that he has a pocket pair and is holding a set? In light of your read, I still wouldn't want to get into a raising war on the flop, unless he has been auto- capping just for kicks.

What did you put him on?

My guess is AT, A5, KQ, JT, QT, 55, TT, I am implying he won't raise without a made hand. So, I would further narrow it down to KQ, JT, AT, A5

Redd
09-04-2005, 06:48 PM
This looks fine to me. Did he take a very expensive free card or something?

Bodhi
09-04-2005, 06:49 PM
He's not raising Ace-high, no, he's not stupid like that. His cold-calling range is pretty much any 2 ten-and-higher offsuit, pp's, and everything better. He could have JT on the flop just as easily as QK.

Bodhi
09-04-2005, 06:54 PM
...Button checks.

River: (10.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

shark6
09-04-2005, 07:43 PM
That's a tough fold on the end to make, but I think it's correct, especially since the BB called 2-cold.

W. Deranged
09-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Bet back on the turn and fold to a raise against standard players. If villain is pulling this with a draw (as he might well be correct to do), letting the river get checked through is bad.

Once that ugly river comes I don't see much reason to bet. Villain was very unlikely to be capping the flop and checking behind the turn with a hand that was both: a) not beating you; and b) calling on this river.

Check, probably calling one bet but not overcalling would often be my line. Though river plays different if you bet the turn.

JacksonTens
09-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Maybe he just jammed the flop with a flush draw(this is not an expensive free card, this is value raising)...standard. Keep betting. No free card.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif