PDA

View Full Version : Check...all the cool people are doing it!

offTopic
04-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Maybe it's just a coincidence, but an offshoot of the bad play at Party following the last deposit bonus, I'm seeing quite a few players who categorically refuse to bet their hands. This is generally not a bad thing, as it saves me a bet or two (or more, heh) every time it happens, but it's quite often frustrating, and sometimes mind-boggling.

It came to its absurd conclusion last week...MP open-raises, I 3-bet with AA, LP caps it, we both call, 3-handed.

Flop is Q-high, betting goes check-bet-call-call.

Turn is another Q. I don't like this card, and I'm tilting, so bet for info, and don't listen. Betting goes check-bet-raise-call-call.

Usually, in situations like this, I fear the cold-caller more than the raiser, and I'm thinking unless I hit my miracle A on the river, if the EP leads out, I'm folding, but I'll call one bet from the LP.

River is a rag, betting goes: check-check-check. I'm feeling better...for about a millisecond as EP reveals QQ!!! Flopped top set, turned quads, and didn't bet/raise except for once preflop!

LP had KK, if anyone was interested. Good thing the miracle A didn't hit on the river!

crazy canuck
04-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Must be a defector from sunrise poker.