PDA

View Full Version : Are Euro's ready for NA v EUROPE (IV) ?

Stoneii
09-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Time draws closer for the fourth challenge between NA and Europe. The score lies 2-1 in favour of NA but, having been 2-0 up, Europe are definitely on a roll /images/graemlins/wink.gif

This thread is guaging interest from European players who are new/regulars to the 2+2 site as we need at least 20-25 players to give the NA players a decent run for their money. The points system is weighted but it's hard to beat good old fashioned numbers.

So, if you fancy being a part of the 2nd winning Euro team, then let me know on this thread and we'll get the 4th challenge underway. I'm sure Codewarrior and DrPhysic will post similar to get the NA interest.

I understand the WCOOP is currently underway as are many many other commitments from players so a date that is as suitable to everyone as possible can be arranged. I will certainly be able to drum up a few local Irish players to help the cause /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

First and foremost this game is great fun and very very educational as, to date, both teams, in the past 3 encounters, have managed to roll out some seriously heavy hitters.

Looking for some players then to even this challenge up guys and put our NA cousins firmly on the back foot /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

stoneii

bennies
09-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Ready Eddie!

AbelM
09-04-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm interested.

Stoneii
09-05-2005, 07:14 AM
ty - we are 3 so far /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jackarama_
09-05-2005, 07:52 AM
and then there were 4 /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The once and future king
09-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Im in.

ipp147
09-05-2005, 08:45 AM
I will be little help but yes, sign me up for Team Europe. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Phill S
09-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Count me in if the date is late september onwards.

The Diceman is always willing to represent his continent /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

09-05-2005, 10:25 AM
I haven't been following these things but if you let me know what's involved I would in principle be interested.

mjm
09-05-2005, 10:28 AM
I'd be more than happy to play.

DonCaspero
09-05-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm ready

Stoneii
09-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Was going to say Hi Love but that may read a bit strange lol.

This is an online game started about 18 months ago where players register for the continent of their choice (Europe or North America) and we all sign up to a private tournie (traditionally on stars) where obviously the higher you finish in the tournie, the more points you score for your chosen "team".

First off, it's great fun with a few extra dollars changing hands in last longer/bounty side-bets between "friends" as well as the banter that goes on during the tournie itself on terrible/class play or major suckouts.

Secondly we have managed in previous games to drag in some very experienced and skillfull players (on both teams) who generally play at a higher level than most of us and have given up the higher buy-in games for an evening with the 2+2 crowd (and the kudos of whippin fellow 2+2'ers at the felt), so you should get loads of experience too for those that haven't played in any previous matchup.

Thirdly, it is a team event with weighted scores that adjust for the imbalance in numbers etc (DrPhysic ususally runs this and has emailed me to say he'll happily do so again - thanks Doc). The money that's up for grabs is a standard multi table payout structure on stars so you're still playing for yourself first and the bragging rights to winning the whole damn thing, there have been many a player wreak havoc on fellow teammates taking loads out - it's in the poker players blood to take out anyone we can when we have the hand /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lastly, the game is a NL freezeout and the buy-in has usually been subject to a vote from participants but is always targetted at attracting everyone and not excluding those of us who play poker at modest levels. It also keeps it fun.

Hope this helps

stoneii

09-05-2005, 02:54 PM
OK thanks, count me in for team Europe.

That is if this takes place at a reasonable time of day for me, like not 4AM or something. I am in Estonia which is 7 hours ahead of EST. Sure would like to play though, sounds like fun.

Stoneii
09-05-2005, 03:14 PM
yep - we usually try get a reasonable hour for europeans to play - I'm 5 hours ahead of EST myself.

welcome aboard - hopefully we can get this off the ground some weekend in not so distant future

stoneii

arx
09-05-2005, 03:47 PM
I always wanted to play these before but as I was working in the US found it a bit weird, so now back home, count me in, if I can be of any help...

arx

Sheriff Fatman
09-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the PM Stoneii. Count me in.

Sheriff

Stoneii
09-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi Folks

Not a bad response so far from euro players although with no date - time set yet, some are obviously subject to withdrawal. But the responses here so far I have interest registered from 14 of us so far, in alphabetical order :-

AbelM
arcticfox
arx
bennies
DonCaspero
ipp147
Jackarama
Lars
loveinvain
mjm
Phill S
Sheriff Fatman
stoneii
The Once and Future King

It would be nice if we could get to the 30 figure - I think that number could easily take down the might of the NA team /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Keep 'em coming, no response yet from NA team ?

stoneii

theordinaryboy
09-05-2005, 08:57 PM
i'd be up for this too, depending on the date of course, sounds great fun!!

Stoneii
09-06-2005, 03:53 AM
bump

welcome aboard, 1/2 way there, and I've now sent out a few more emails so hopefully that musters a 1/2 dozen or so more.

Thanks for the list Doc /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NA ?

usmhot
09-06-2005, 04:24 AM
Not sure I'd make a great contribution - but you never know.
Date/time dependent I'd be up for it.

Thoth
09-06-2005, 04:57 AM
I'd like to join as well although I may not be that much help.
Of course date/time dependend as probably with most.

ChuckNorris
09-06-2005, 05:44 AM
I'm interested... I haven't played MTT's almost at all so I am warning you that I will suck. I also don't have a Stars account, but I can probably use my friends account.

lem45216
09-06-2005, 06:03 AM
I'd be quite interested in joining Team Europe too.

BakyPT
09-06-2005, 07:22 AM
Im also interested. Looks a nice way to improve my tourney skills. Im from Portugal.

tigerite
09-06-2005, 07:23 AM
I'll play.

Stoneii
09-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Hi Folks

Excellent response rate guys (& girls?). Welcome aboard the team euro juggernaut. As long as none of you are too sqeamish at the prospect of crashing so many NA egos then care not what you think your level of experience is, every point gained counts toward the celebratory message I'll be typing in here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

We're up to over 20 responses/interested parties and I've been in touch with codewarrior who's trying to assemble some sort of Dad's army from NA to dare take us on. He's also going to post a vote on dates but we're pencilling in something like Sunday 2nd Oct as a possible starter?

Anyway, team euro so far includes:

AbelM
arcticfox
arx
BakyPT
bennies
ChuckNorris
DonCaspero
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
Lars
loveinvain
mjm
Phill S
Sheriff Fatman
stoneii
theordinaryboy
The Once and Future King
Thoth
tigerite
usmhot

stoneii

TheTROLL
09-06-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm in.

Stoneii
09-06-2005, 02:04 PM
and welcome to team EU Troll.

Stavros2 has once again stepped forward to represent team EU in the challenge (for those that didn't play in the NA v EU III), a few folk on team NA were quite amused to find that I was wheeling out my Father to help boost the numbers for team EU. Until of course he outlasted half the field and scored rather nicely for the team /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yeah, go on Dad, I'll ship u the buy-in to play (he is a true Scot after all /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Takes us to 23 registered interested players:-

AbelM
arcticfox
arx
BakyPT
bennies
ChuckNorris
DonCaspero
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
Lars
loveinvain
mjm
Phill S
Sheriff Fatman
Stavros2
stoneii
theordinaryboy
The Once and Future King
TheTROLL
Thoth
tigerite
usmhot

Cheers

stoneii

David100
09-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Dave the Rave here. Troops ready to be deployed sir /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stoneii
09-06-2005, 02:21 PM
G'Man David - rounds us up to a couple dozen fine specimens to grace a 9 seater if u ask me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stoneii

Mike Haven
09-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Please include me as a probable for Europe. Thank you.

09-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Love to play.

Glob.

Stoneii
09-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Hi & welcome Mike & Glob to team EU

Takes the team to 26 possible/probable runners

AbelM
arcticfox
arx
BakyPT
bennies
ChuckNorris
David100
DonCaspero
GlobFunds
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
Lars
loveinvain
Mike Haven
mjm
Phill S
Sheriff Fatman
Stavros2
stoneii
theordinaryboy
The Once and Future King
TheTROLL
Thoth
tigerite
usmhot

I think codewarrior is due to make a post/poll this week and we can start to get a date/venue/buy-in for this challenge tightened down

Thanks for level of interest to date, I think our numbers should start to suggest we are more than a threat now to team NA /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bring it on guys /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stoneii

PrayingMantis
09-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Hey Stone,

Count me in! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Stoneii
09-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Counted bud and good to hear from you again, 27 EU players now and steadily rising.

I like EU's chances a lot /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stoneii

Jackarama_
09-07-2005, 11:44 PM
bump /images/graemlins/smile.gif

09-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah count me in! I'm ready to represent my continent. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MegaBet
09-08-2005, 12:38 PM
I'd participate (UK), however I only play at Party...

Alex Scott
09-08-2005, 10:02 PM
I like the sound of this. Could be fun and educational. If there's still room and you'll have me - I'm in.

Alex

Stoneii
09-09-2005, 03:53 AM
welcome aboard indie, Mega & Alex, this express just seems to get faster and faster /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Still waiting on a firm poll for dates etc but we're up to a potential team of 30 players. The magic number to take it down.

Mega, for those that play on 1 site only and it's not the one where the tournie is, players have arranged to transfer the dollars between each other. Alex, of course there's room and delighted to scrap alongside you sir /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ok code, let's get this firmed up, /images/graemlins/smile.gif Team EU as follows. Looks a formidable force indeed, almost justifies the NA silence /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AbelM
Alex Scott
arcticfox
arx
BakyPT
bennies
ChuckNorris
David100
DonCaspero
GlobFunds
indieguy
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
Lars
loveinvain
MegaBet
Mike Haven
mjm
Phill S
PrayingMantis
Sheriff Fatman
Stavros2
stoneii
theordinaryboy
The Once and Future King
TheTROLL
Thoth
tigerite
usmhot

BakyPT
09-10-2005, 05:26 AM
Any weekend europeans around?
Better join then...

Stoneii
09-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Just had PM from byronkincaid that he's on board subject as everyone to a suitable date.

Welcome aboard byron - 31 players at the ready and growing /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stoneii

Jackarama_
09-16-2005, 01:23 PM
any sign of date being set?

Stoneii
09-17-2005, 06:30 AM
Hi Jack

Just been in email contact this morning with the new NA captain as codewarrior cannot commit time to the game due to ever expanding personal reasons /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think we'll throw a poll on the forum and ask for suitable/relevant days/dates but suffice to say that since we have just (well Doc has just) contacted stars asking if they can throw any marketing freebies toward the game, it'll likley take a whil to get this moving.

We're probably looking for the game to be late Oct/early Nov type of time but will take direction from participants as to their majority preference.

Any dates a good date to kick NA's ass /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stoneii

Stoneii
09-18-2005, 05:55 AM
Buckle up people, the new NA capitano will probably be posting a poll for the NA v EU IV dates and times. Please make your vote count and we'll get this thing rolling.

Still think EU have put together too strong a team this time round - but we'll see what response is like from NA and hope that the huge majority of those expressing an interest for EU can and will show.

Before he gets a chance to cast the first stone (as it were!), I'll be the first to put down a last longer challenge to the NA capitano. I have $11 (yes you're reading it right - $11) that says I make it deeper in the tournie than he does (slaps face with glove!!)

stoneii /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stoneii
09-18-2005, 05:59 AM
By the way, always a pleasure to invite new Euro team members, if you would like to take part in this fun (and yet deadly serious!!!) tournament, then put your name down on this thread - we ALL will score points for EU - the more numbers we have the bigger the pasting we can dish out to our NA cousins.

Rally round EU'ers

stoneii

Stoneii
09-18-2005, 01:20 PM
POLL is now available folks - cast yer votes on day/date/time and buy-in of the NA v EU bloodbath. See cha59's post in this STT forum.

Cha - it won't reflect badly on you at all to be on the losing side this time around, it's just a momentum thing we got goin /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stoneii

cha59
09-18-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buckle up people, the new NA capitano will probably be posting a poll for the NA v EU IV dates and times. Please make your vote count and we'll get this thing rolling.

Still think EU have put together too strong a team this time round - but we'll see what response is like from NA and hope that the huge majority of those expressing an interest for EU can and will show.

Before he gets a chance to cast the first stone (as it were!), I'll be the first to put down a last longer challenge to the NA capitano. I have $11 (yes you're reading it right - $11) that says I make it deeper in the tournie than he does (slaps face with glove!!)

stoneii /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As the new captain of the NA team which will pwn the Europeans, I will accept your gift, eh, last longer bet of $11. You Europeans may have been lucky once, but the better team will prevail this time.

cha59 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cha59
09-18-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
POLL is now available folks - cast yer votes on day/date/time and buy-in of the NA v EU bloodbath. See cha59's post in this STT forum.

Cha - it won't reflect badly on you at all to be on the losing side this time around, it's just a momentum thing we got goin /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

One in a row is momentum? HAH!!!
You got lucky once. It wont happen again.

North America rules!

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mackthefork
09-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Definitely count me in for Europe, looking forward to it, Stars name is same as here.

Regards Mack