PDA

View Full Version : LAG hand for review

Percula
09-04-2005, 05:19 PM
I have been on the table for about 8 hands. The player in seat 2 has been getting aggressive, raising to $1 on the last 5 hands in a row, and hasnt shown down yet. The player in seat 3 has only been here for two hands but has called the raise from seat 2 each time only to fold later.

I haven't played a hand yet, folding each time.

My read, be it short, is that seat 2 is on tilt and seat 3 is just gambooling it up. Everyone else is just sitting back staying out of the way.

Seat 2: ToddJob (~$9)
Seat 3: helixsilex (~$12)
Seat 4: lbc604
Seat 5: Gianeye
Seat 8: Hero (~$15) J/images/graemlins/club.gif,Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 9: Finessepoker
Seat 10: willgo
ANTES/BLINDS
ToddJob posts blind ($0.15), helixsilex posts blind ($0.25).

PRE-FLOP
lbc604 folds, Gianeye folds, Hero calls $0.25, Finessepoker folds, willgo folds, ToddJob bets $1, helixsilex calls $0.90, Hero calls $0.90.

FLOP board cards J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,10/images/graemlins/spade.gif,8/images/graemlins/heart.gif
ToddJob bets $0.50, helixsilex calls $0.50, Hero bets $1.50, ToddJob calls $1, helixsilex calls $1.

TURN board cards J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,10/images/graemlins/spade.gif,8/images/graemlins/heart.gif,6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
ToddJob checks, helixsilex checks, Hero bets $5, ToddJob folds, helixsilex calls $5.

RIVER board cards J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,10/images/graemlins/spade.gif,8/images/graemlins/heart.gif,6/images/graemlins/spade.gif,8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
helixsilex checks, Hero bets $3, helixsilex folds.

jkkkk
09-04-2005, 05:28 PM
I don't see how this is a LAG hand, certainly was a loose pf call, but I guess you had a stupor agressive in the hand.

pf: I can live with.

flop: raise to $3 or $4, your not even betting half pot here, giving them good odds to draw.

turn: I like.

river: I check behind, (and if your going to value bet, make it at least half pot) theres not many hands hes calling here with that you beat.

Percula
09-04-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
river: I check behind, (and if your going to value bet, make it at least half pot) theres not many hands hes calling here with that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the end the $3 bet would have put him all-in, that is why it was not more, no need to bet more. I have found that many times at this level, players will laydown a non nut hand on a board like that even if it means they are folding most of the stack that is already in the pot. I did not want a call, I was beat plain and simple.

I agree with the flop and that was what I was unsure about. I was debating between $3 and $1.50. I finally went with the $1.50 as I did not want to play too big of a pot on that draw heavy board. I guess that is what I am thinking is a leak?

jkkkk
09-04-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't know who you were playing against, but I can tell you most players don't call down with something like TPTK and then fold for tiny bet on the river.

Yes you need to protect your hand by raising to 3 and giving them incorrect odds, if one of them 3-bets you can get away for cheap.