PDA

View Full Version : Anything i can do to avoid this?

mr_perry84
09-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Villian is LAP and i guess thinks i'm trying to blind steal.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG (poster) calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB doesn't show.
UTG has Jd 4d (straight, king high).
Hero has Qh Qd (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: UTG wins 7.25 BB. </font>

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

brazilio
09-04-2005, 05:13 PM
What's your question? He called to the river on a gutshot, whoopie. He saved you money by betting out rather than checkraising you.

TemetNosce
09-04-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB is LAP and i guess thinks i'm trying to blind steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess again. He/She isn't thinking of anything like defending against a blind steal attempt.

Nothing you can do about this, but be happy this player is in your game.

mr_perry84
09-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Added another hand where not sure about my turn play. Please review this.

mikeyvegas
09-04-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Added another hand where not sure about my turn play. Please review this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn, you need to protect against hands with single hearts.

09-04-2005, 05:59 PM
In the second hand, you really must bet the turn. Since you raised preflop I don't think he would bet a flush draw heads-up with an ace on the flop (or perhaps he would, who knows), so I don't think he has a flush. If one of his cards is a heart you give him a free card when you check the turn.

You don't have a read on him, so it's not easy to guess what he has, but an ace with a low kicker it's not that impossible. He could have AJ, he could have a 9, but still, you should bet. If he check-raises you, then you can lay it down.

mr_perry84
09-04-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the second hand, you really must bet the turn. Since you raised preflop I don't think he would bet a flush draw heads-up with an ace on the flop (or perhaps he would, who knows), so I don't think he has a flush. If one of his cards is a heart you give him a free card when you check the turn.

You don't have a read on him, so it's not easy to guess what he has, but an ace with a low kicker it's not that impossible. He could have AJ, he could have a 9, but still, you should bet. If he check-raises you, then you can lay it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

When that final heart come i knew this. Thanx for the confirmation

Bodhi
09-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Answers:
Hand #1, nothing you can do to avoid it.
Hand #2, bet the turn.

JacksonTens
09-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Hand 1: Thats poker. Your lucky he's a monkey, should have cost you $4 more.

Hand 2: Obviously, bet the turn. Was the PFR a blind steal attempt?

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

09-04-2005, 07:03 PM
the first hand was well played.

the second was not. id like to make a couple points that may help you about this hand.

preflop raise was a standard good raise.

your opponents bet on the flop could mean so many things that you get no info from it. good flop raise. his call on the flop actualy tells you more than his flop bet. if he flopped a big hand he would 3 bet. so you are probably ahead on the flop.

the 9 hearts is one of the worst cards you could get for clear reasons. but here is where you make your first mistake. you should bet for a couple of reasons : 1.you could still be ahead and want to get paid. 2.if he check raises you ON THIS CARD you can fold since you dont ahve a heart. 3.you dont want to give a free card and show weakness.

on the river another bad card comes, but since you didnt bet the turn you have allowed your opponent to bluff at you profitably. even if he doesnt have a heart he can bet into you and conclude you would fold even an ace. this is another reason why you must bet the turn.

ps. even if he calls a turn bet and then checks the river i still bet my ace and hope he folds a small flush say A8 with 8 heart. if he leads the river i fold.

TemetNosce
09-04-2005, 07:35 PM
In the 2nd hand, not betting the turn is a mistake. You cannot give any free cards here.

If you bet the turn and get raised, you can fold because it's likely you are beaten. If you bet the turn and he just calls, then you can check it down on the river if he checks or consider folding the river if he bets into you. A river fold, if he bets, is fine. The pot is small and chances are good that you are beaten at that point with 4 Hearts on board.

W. Deranged
09-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Not betting the turn in hand #2 is very bad.

First hand is fine. I'm raising the river a lot, actually. Maybe I shouldn't.

mr_perry84
09-04-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not betting the turn in hand #2 is very bad.

First hand is fine. I'm raising the river a lot, actually. Maybe I shouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony of the 3rd queen being a scare card did piss me off when it came!

eviljeff
09-04-2005, 11:25 PM
am I the only one who's raising this river on the first hand? I think he's got two pair or something stupid like AQ here often enough.

Stinkybeaver
09-04-2005, 11:32 PM
No your not I'm probably raising here. Problem is that we can fold to a three bet.