PDA

View Full Version : Running shorts...

jakethebake
09-04-2005, 04:01 PM
For those who run, what kind of shorts do you wear? In the past I wore plain baggy athletic shorts. I've never worn those little nylon running shorts, and hadn't worn the lycra tights in years. I always thought they were pretty fruity. However, I recently acquired a pair of the lycra ones and they're nice to run in...no friction and they hold my stuff in place pretty well w/o a jock. However, today while running, some guy drove past me and flashed his lights at me. Is this a gay thing?

trying2learn
09-04-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those who run, what kind of shorts do you wear? In the past I wore plain baggy athletic shorts. I've never worn those little nylon running shorts, and hadn't worn the lycra tights in years. I always thought they were pretty fruity. However, I recently acquired a pair of the lycra ones and they're nice to run in...no friction and they hold my stuff in place pretty well w/o a jock. However, today while running, some guy drove past me and flashed his lights at me. Is this a gay thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was obviously ThinMan.

touchfaith
09-04-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was obviously ThinMan.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I would have ran him over without the warning.

jakethebake
09-04-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I would have ran him over without the warning.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're that desperate for a pair of lycra shorts I'll send you some.

Voltron87
09-04-2005, 04:05 PM
I've got these really nice addidas ones which are two layer, compression short inside with a regular short outside. I wear them commando and they work great.

jakethebake
09-04-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got these really nice addidas ones which are two layer, compression short inside with a regular short outside. I wear them commando and they work great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never saw those before. I really like the sound of those. Kinda like swimtrunks with the built in underoos? I used to wear regular shorts over my lycra ones, but I'm too old to care anymore.

grabdemankles
09-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Lycra all the way. I only own lycra shorts and wear them everywhere.

Voltron87
09-04-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never saw those before. I really like the sound of those. Kinda like swimtrunks with the built in underoos? I used to wear regular shorts over my lycra ones, but I'm too old to care anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think so. you know how some shorts have liners? well its like that but the liners are compression. theyre good.

this is where i got them from. its a good website for running shoes/socks/tennis stuff. adidas shorts (http://www.holabirdsports.com/cgi-bin/product?product=751347&group=null&selection=brand& id=null&manufact=114&type=84&&gender=2)

Eurotrash
09-04-2005, 04:17 PM
watch out for the cornhole, Jake.

ChipWrecked
09-04-2005, 06:36 PM
You should be flattered, jake. The homos only go for guys who are in shape. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mslif
09-04-2005, 06:50 PM
I don't think my selection will help you but I run with those:
running shorts (http://store1.yimg.com/I/trfitness_1859_632372)
and compete with those:
tri shorts (http://store1.yimg.com/I/trfitness_1857_3642593)

LethalRose
09-04-2005, 06:56 PM
I use under armor endurance shorts, they are nice.

I run mostly at night and I have people honk/flash lights on me all the time, people are weird.

Alobar
09-04-2005, 07:00 PM
I would just get a decent pair of running shorts. Not something baggy (baggy = bad). I don't like to run in Lycra just because I get hassled enough when I wear that crap on my bike, so I don't wanna hafta deal with it when I go running too. And I dont think lycra offers anythng more from a performance perspective than just a regular pair of shorts, unless you are out on some super long run.

But [censored] it, if you like to run in Lycra and dont care that you are going to have to deal with dicks in pickup trucks yelling and sutff, then run in lycra. Who gives a [censored] how other people view you as long as you are comfortable, go with it*

*this is assuming you arent overweight, there should be a strictly enforced weight limit on lycra.

mslif
09-04-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I use under armor endurance shorts, they are nice.

I run mostly at night and I have people honk/flash lights on me all the time, people are weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you meant Armour, those are really nice as well.
The honking/starring from people gets old that's why running on mountain trails is great.